Millie Hahn
Millie Hahn asked:

I do not understand why the title is The Birth of Venus. Please explain

To answer questions about The Birth of Venus, please sign up.
Cheresa At the end of chapter 22, Alessandra and Cristoforo are having a conversation about his connection to Lorenzo the magnificent. He mentions Lorenzo having a painting by Botticelli ( titled The Birth of Venus) and describes how the character Venus is portrayed in the painting. I'm thinking the characteristics of Venus are similar to Alessandra and may mirror her life which could be why the story is titled The birth of Venus.
Jess The Birth of Venus is one of Botticelli's most famous paintings and can be found in Florence today in the Uffizi Gallery. Venus is the goddess of love, the Roman equivalent of Aphrodite, so the title alludes to both the heroine's love of painting and of her coming of age - hope that helps! :)
Nishru Doesn't make sense to me either
Matt McCormick
Image for The Birth of Venus