Sarah
Sarah asked Jane Harvey-Berrick:

Hi, Sorry if you have answered this question already. I have just finished 'Dangerous to Know & Love' and really enjoyed it. I was just wondering if you are planning on writing a book from Zef's point of view as there is so much about him we don't know? (Also, I agree with Mary in saying that I would love to read a sequel to Lifers - I just loved the characters so much!)

Jane Harvey-Berrick Hi Saran,

Really glad you enjoyed 'Dangerous to Know & Love', and Lisanne and Daniel's story.

I have thought about writing Zef's story and I may do it one day, but I think I've written the ex-con story with 'Lifers' and at the moment, I feel like it could cover similar ground. That's not to say I won't, because I've thought about how Zef would feel coming out to live with his little brother and girlfriend, maybe Rodney, too. He'd have Lisanne's parents and little brother in his life, as well, which could be very tricky. He'd also still be an addict and might struggle to stay away from drugs and alcohol. Not to mention all the scary contacts that he had before he went inside - they'd want a piece of him when he came out. So, hmm, maybe one day I'll write that.

Someone suggested that a novella could work for 'Lifers' so I'm thinking about that, too.

But sorry, no immediate plans for either :)

Thanks for caring enough to ask! jx