Judy
Judy asked Helen Simonson:

I'm a huge fan of your books, and I think I saw an email where you were recommending a new novel about to come out. . . but now I cannot recall where I saw it, or who sent it out. If you have recommended a new book, please tell us what it is? And I hope you are working on a third novel!

Helen Simonson Dear Judy,
Not sure what and when I was recommending so I copy below an earlier email about some of my favorite and recent books. More recently, I have just finished Joan Silber's IMPROVEMENT and Lisa Gornick's THE PEACOCK FEAST which were both amazing and am now reading Kathryn Davis' THE THIN PLACE which is inspiring me with its poetry. Earlier recommendations below. So much reading to do...
...THE MINISTRY OF UTMOST HAPPINESS from Arundhati Roy and Louise Erdrich's LA ROSE top my books to read in a hammock this summer. When it rains I like old AGATHA CHRISTIE mysteries with damp yellowing pages and I plan to reread THREE MEN IN A BOAT (published in 1889) by Jerome K. Jerome just to laugh for the umpteenth time about holiday expectations versus hilarious reality.