smorez 329
smorez 329 asked:

Why do people give this book such bad reviews?

To answer questions about Cream Puff Murder, please sign up.
Ronda As annoyed as I sometimes get with Hannah and the guys and all the waffling (not food--the lack of decision), I suspect that, if she makes a decision (or they do), there will be complaints as to who Hannah chooses. Has the series become predictable? Sure. But that seems to be true of any series I have ever read after a while. I read these books as a chance to pop in and catch up with some fun characters in a town I would like to visit. When I'm not in the mood for that, I read something else. Meanwhile, I do continue to enjoy the recipes (and there actually is a cookbook available now.) Just my two cents.
Lisa I agree with Ronda! I really like these books. The characters aren't perfect, but they remind me of people I could actually know. They're easy reads that let me unwind when I have had a crummy day or when my anxiety is acting up. I think people just believe they're very formulaic, and while it's probably true, I think it's a wonderful series. The best thing is that I would feel comfortable with my daughter reading them because they're not tawdry or graphic.
Image for Cream Puff Murder
by Joanne Fluke (Goodreads Author)