Peggy Welsh
Peggy Welsh asked Rene Denfeld:

Just finished the Child Finder and I loved it cover to cover, interesting and fascinating. You made a hard subject feel hopeful. Was someone close to you abducted?

Rene Denfeld Hello Peggy! Thank you for the kind words. I grew up with a lot of trauma. My stepdad was a registered predatory sex offender, for instance. Much of my writing is informed by my own history, including my efforts to use my experiences to help others—I'm now a therapeutic foster mom and investigator as well as author. I did have someone close to me disappear when I was a child. It was extremely traumatic, and helps me understand when working with those who are dealing with such terrifying losses.