Yvonne deSousa

I absolutely loved this movie and didn't even know it was based on a book. Will the fact that I've seen and loved the movie spoil the book for me? Is it worth checking out if already know the movie version of the story?

To answer questions about Winter's Bone, please sign up.
Barbara Ruth I also tracked down the book after having loved the movie. I may love them equally. Yes, the book is slightly different, and more detailed in that you get deeper into the heads of the characters and some of the motivations that aren't quite as clear from watching the film become clearer when you read the background (why the neighbors are willing to take one child but not the other for instance). I can't recommend the book enough.
Sue I learned that the movie was based on a book and I tracked down a copy. I liked the movie but I loved the book so much better. The story was slightly different...two brothers instead of a little sister and a brother. But I was drawn into the vivid descriptions of the winter landscape and in-your-face moral code necessary to survive in this "Hatfield and McCoy" type environment...paraphrasing one of the characters....there's just two ways to get yourself kilt; snitching and stealing. Wonderful book. Recommend highly if you liked the movie!
Angelica Romans You should always, always read the book version. It will usually always give more detail that enhaces the plot/characters more than a movie.
Image for Winter's Bone