Mia Fox
Mia Fox asked Mandy Lou Dowson:

You say you'll read anything from shampoo bottles to Edgar Allan Poe, but if forced to pick a favorite genre, what would it be?

Mandy Lou Dowson High Fantasy. I feel like a traitor saying that, considering my own book is a PNR lol. I just love to read the tales of sword-swinging-magic-wielding-knights-in-shining-armor, and who doesn't love dragons? My most favorite author of all time would have to be GRRM. He's just a genius, and he's not afraid to lop off a few popular heads.

I write High Fantasy as well, and am currently working on the first in a trilogy. It's taken years to build that world, and I've brought those world-building skills into play for my PNR series, albeit for a different type of world setting. I think you have to be in a certain mood to concentrate on High Fantasy. It's not a flick-through-skim-a-few sort of genre. And that's why I love PNR so much. It gives me free reign to use all the elements of High Fantasy in a condensed version. I'll stop babbling on now. :P