Mark Clarke
Mark Clarke asked Ian Barnett:

Hi ian i read your monthly write up in airgun shooter magazine been an avid airgunner my question to you is how on earth do you find the time to do what you do

Ian Barnett Hi Mark. I guess I'm just a naturally busy guy! I have a busy day job with a lot of responsibility. Hunting, writing and photography are my way of shutting out stress. Like Stephen King, I write something every day, even on holiday (I'm on two weeks leave now and have finished two magazine pieces and 12000 words of Novel Two !!). I used to hunt seven days a week but now restrict that to weekends and the odd evening out. A typical day now is an hours commute to work, a full shift and an hours commute back. Then I'll try for 1000 to 2000 words before dinner (I eat late!). My dream is to earn enough to pay off the mortgage and then write full-time. And I'm getting closer to that dream every time I sit and write another a couple of thousand words. Thanks for the question, sir.