Linnea Bassin
Linnea Bassin asked Selena Blake:

How do you keep the stories fresh and engaging?

Selena Blake I try to think outside of the box. This is hard sometimes. But I can usually tell during the first draft if things are too simple or too predictable. That's the point where I go back and start asking what if. I also make a list of 10 and write down 10 possibilities.

For instance, in Pursued by a Werewolf, I needed to keep Avery and Hunter together long enough for her to sort out her feelings. So I made a list of 10 things that would keep her on Mystic Isle.

On that list, there were obvious reasons: her friends are there, she has an appointment at the spa at the end of the week, etc.

The option that won was for her to teach a princess yoga since she is a yoga instructor. This works out extra well since the princess and Hunter are old friends and Hunter asks the princess to request the private yoga lessons as a favor.

Avery stays on Mystic Isle. Hunter has an excuse to be near Avery (he decides to take yoga lessons too.) Find out if the ploy worked in Pursued by a Werewolf. ;-)