Goodreads asked Liz Worth:

Liz Worth I have been lucky not to have experienced too much writer's block in my time. My problem is usually that I have too many ideas and not enough time!

BUT...when I do run into a block on how to get a project from one scene or idea to the next, there are a few things I've found helpful:

- Stream-of-consciousness writing. Just wake up in the morning and write three pages of whatever is in your head. Don't think about it at all, just let it all loose. I don't know why but it works.

- Reading a passage from a book that I find inspiring. Spending time with another author's words is really helpful. It can help you refocus your own intention and use of language.

- Reading back at what I've already written. Sometimes, I just need to remind myself of the style and tone I'm trying to convey throughout the work.

- Going for a walk. Some of my best "a-ha!" moments have happened while I'm randomly wandering around.

- Talking it out. For me, I find it helpful to talk to my partner when I'm feeling stuck because he gives me interesting perspectives I wouldn't have thought about on my own.

And sometimes, just hearing myself talk about it actually unravels that problem, and I end up answering my own question in the process. If you have someone you can use as a sounding board, give them a call or hang out for coffee or a drink and see what happens from there!