Goodreads asked Aaron Dennis:

Aaron Dennis My most recent release, "Short Stories from the Mind of Aaron Dennis", was the product of wanting to revisit my existing work, clean it up, and make it available in print. While working to that end, I still wanted to create something new, but what? Well, I didn't know. I did some research on Inuit monsters and found the Tuurngait, but there wasn't much on that. Figuring that was a sign from the cosmos to make up my own version, it spawned the horror short and first story in Short Stories, The Tuurngait.

After that, I was on a horror kick and came up with My First, probably after watching too many episodes of SVU, and then I wrote A Night in Hartford, the product of yet another zombie dream.