Goodreads asked Nancy Straight:

Nancy Straight I'll answer this one two ways. I was first inspired to write by the combination of two events. Event one: I used to work with a lawyer who I had a great deal of respect for. We were working together one afternoon, he set a pile of papers on the table I had written, looked me square in the eye and said, “Mrs. Straight, you are one of the most compelling writers I’ve ever met.” Keep in mind, what he was reading was work-related and a full ten on the boring scale. His compliment was unexpected and flattering, I filed it away.
The second event was when I finished reading Stephanie Meyers’ Twilight Series. She was able to elicit nearly every major emotion I had experienced in my life, in just four books. When I put Breaking Dawn down, I was wholeheartedly inspired and I began writing.

What inspires me to write every day? I would have to say the readers who message me to tell me they've enjoyed a world I created.