Goodreads asked Misa Rush:

Misa Rush The ideas for my two works in progress came from different sources. The sequel for Family Pieces is following the characters through the next phase of their lives. It begins two years after Family Pieces left off and was prompted primarily from readers asking for it.

The second idea came from a program I watched on Frontline. I'd love to give a teaser, but I don't have it fully developed yet.

Finally, as I mentioned above, Family Pieces was developed from a necklace charm. I knew I wanted to write a book, but I had in mind something girly and fun (think Shopaholic). Family Pieces turned out to be more of a coming of age story, but I tried to weave in some humor and trendiness to keep it lighter and current.