Ilinca Lupu
Ilinca Lupu asked:

Why is Andy Evans called IT

To answer questions about Speak, please sign up.
Uma Therman
Kelsey Wolfe
Dylan Because all persons who rape deserve to be called IT. They are no longer human, having stolen the humanity from their victims.
Elise Rosberg
Ruby
S Bell A reference to Steven King' IT. Wonderful book, very powerful, full of hidden symbology and telling names! I won't be a spoiler - but look up first and second names for meaning ;-)
IT is also a pronoun - amd like so many things in this book it begins small and grows asmore of the complete story is revealed.
AGMaynard Because why personalize him by naming him. He is monstrous and so was the act of rape.
Kathy H I think it is because he is a faceless monster, not a person.
Nylah Echavarria Because the book is referring to Andy Evans as a monster, Like in Stephen Kings "IT"
Maddie Because he did such horrible things to her. In my mind, one of the worst things you can do to someone in a non-physical way is to take their identity. He took part of her life away, the least she can do is attempt to degrade him.
People who rape others are not human. They take away the humanity of others.
MaRcu$ BRAN Well, in my opinion, I believe that she is just disgusted by him and what he did, RAPE.
Whitley Because people are scared of clowns and she scaared of Andy
Kathryn
Kylie George
Image for Speak
by Laurie Halse Anderson (Goodreads Author)