Caleb
Caleb asked:

To answer questions about The Graveyard Book, please sign up.
Mommooshka As Gaiman said in his Newbery Medal acceptance speech for this book, he realized as he was writing the ending "I was now writing about being a parent, and the fundamental most comical tragedy of parenthood: that if you do your job properly, if you, as a parent, raise your children well, they won't need you anymore. If you did it properly, they go away. And they have lives and they have families and they have futures."
Ryan Apel Because it is time for his to go out to the living world and live his life
Michael Heneghan Additionally, I got the feeling it was because he had grown up and become a man.
Kate
K. D. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about Bod being able to take care of himself in the world beyond the graveyard. By the end of the book, he has shown us that he is a resourceful young man. I have the feeling that this might not be the last time we will read about Bod Owens.
Emma Because he wanted to go out into the real world
Image for The Graveyard Book
by Neil Gaiman (Goodreads Author)