Goodreads asked K.E. Nowinsky:

K.E. Nowinsky The first book I wrote in the series "Going off Dreams" was based off of a very vivid dream that kept occurring. I decided to start writing it out and it just steam rolled from there. The second book continues the quest into the fight between the darkness and the light. All together I want to have the four main books and then off-shoot stories about other characters. It's pretty exciting.
Mainly though, the ideas stemmed from researching different Mythologies and mixing in stories from the Bible. There were a lot of similarities and I liked meshing them. Researching names a lot of time fuels the creative fires as well. Once I got the main gist of the story, I wasn't in control anymore.