Deborah
Deborah asked Ayelet Waldman:

Several characters in Love & Treasure believe themselves to have fallen in love. As a reader, I enjoyed the freedom to imagine how those relationships would have fared in future or under different circumstances. As the author, did you have very clear views on all of the relationships you described? And how sympathetic did you feel towards Dr Zobel in his struggle to retain professional distance?

Ayelet Waldman I love Dr. Zobel, even in his narcissistic self-delusion. Maybe especially in his narcissistic self-delusion.

I suppose I sort of have an idea how the various love stories resolved themselves. But I enjoy the ambiguity. I like imagining different endings. Or at least different possibilities. What do YOU think happened?