Kate
Kate asked:

To answer questions about The Giver, please sign up.
Steve Wasling
Brennen Mckenna
Katie Apparently in 2009 Lowry said at a conference that he does not die at the end of The Giver. However, I agree that the writing was ambiguous, purposefully so, I'm sure. It's clear that he is reliving a memory given to him. I'm interested to see how she wraps it up in a later book.
Rachel
Jojo There are three books after the Giver in the Giver series, many get confused over how the series connects but, in the end everybody knows of one another. The second book does not directly include Jonas or Gabe and it is the same until book four. BUT it is recommended to read all four or you won't understand a single thing- also, all of them are great to read. So please do.
Jennifer So do we find out what happens to Jonas and Gabriel in the later books even if they're not centered around them?
Alicia Laurienzo
Noodles78 I've just finished the book and thought exactly the same thing. Makes me really want to read the next to see what happens next to him and Gabe.
Mark Choi
Lynnette
Brooke
Vicky Delgado I just finished the book and I'm so disappointed by the end, just like that finished we don't know what happened to them. I bought the second one and it has nothing to do with the history of Jonas and Gabe. I don't know im really really disappointed by this book.
Emma
Chloe I don't think he dies, after the coldness of running away from the community, it states with all his memories gone and used up, he sees a small house and a village with colour and lights. To me, I would think that he goes to live with the people that live in said house and thus lives a life full of colour and emotion
Catie Currie
Iris I think that it is supposed to be left up to your opion and ideas
Tyler Curry in my opinion, I think that he died and was putting all of his memories together and he came up with a house on Christmas and there was a family there with hot cocoa and was outside sledding.
William Luu
Cayden In Messanger, Jonas is a leader and Gabe is an eight-year-old boy and plus the sled is in the museum
Jaycie Romero
Keishawn Jonas and Gabriel make it to Elsewhere, everyone is happy, and the world is right
Cece
Anne Ominus
Emily
Rebecca Well there are three continuations of the book where they are in a dystopian society and they refer to a blue eyed boy who comes to there community which is called gathering blue, then there is a different continuation called messenger which is a different point of view from the same society as the gathering blue, then there is a third book called son which explains all the three books buts its recommended that you read gathering blue and messenger first, to clarify these books arent sequels they are continuations.
Jessica When I finished reading the book I had the same question, but I don't know why i didn't go further into that question. It's funny cause at first I ha to do a project on it and I was lazy to do it
Amanda That'was good to know before I've even read the book.
Image for The Giver
by Lois Lowry (Goodreads Author)