Cher
Cher asked:

Should Owen Quine be pronounced Quine like Quinn or Quine as in twine?

To answer questions about The Silkworm, please sign up.
Deirdre S. In the audiobook version, the reader pronounces it to rhyme with 'twine'...
Charlotte Just thinking of her time spent in Edinburgh...in the North East of Scotland, Aberdeenshire, they use the word quine in place of "girl", and its pronounced to rhyme with twine.
BookCrazy In the audiobook it is most often pronounced "Coin".
Shawn Hmm, in my head, it was (and remains) pronounced like "queen." Oh well.
Susan Sometimes it sounds like "coin" and sometimes it sounds like Quine (rhymes with twine) in the audiobook
John It is pronounced 'Coin' on the audio book version
Mia I wondered the same thing! Kept going from one to the other but settled on Quinn because I like the sound better!
Joanie Doree Loved this book, very captivating. Read this in one hit during my vacation. Can't wait to read another in the series.
Jaq Greenspon In the Audio version, the only time it sounds like "coin" is when Strike is saying it, which leads me to believe that's Glenister's accent as a narrator coming through.
Joanne Sheppard I have the audiobook read by Robert Glenister, and I just don't understand how some of you are hearing 'Coin' (unless there is an accent issue here - I'm wondering whether the people hearing 'coin' are American listeners?). To a Brit, it's Quine, to rhyme with twine.
Jeremy Robledo Haha how sad! I just finished the book and pronounced his name as 'Quinn' the entire time. I also had a bit of wonder about Waldegrave. In the beginning I pronounced the e as 'wald-eh-grave' but then realized how dumb that was and said it as 'wald-grave'.

I read Harry Potter after the movies came out but can see how some readers had trouble with Hermione.
Barb I have a friend with the last name Quine. He pronounces it like Twine.
Ginna The narration on the audiobooks, btw, is outstanding.
Image for The Silkworm