Goodreads asked Sharon Linnéa:

Sharon Linnéa The only difference between a writer and an aspiring writer is that a writer has WRITTEN! To that end, my top 3 pieces of advice are:
1) Take your craft seriously.Read as many great books as you can. Learn the rules of your genre before deciding to break them. Constantly approve your vocabulary.
2) Allow yourself that horrible first draft. Get all the way through it before you start doing edits and polishes. There are so many great first chapters that are on their 54th revision, and have nothing after them. You've got to finish the book to edit it as a whole.
3) When I was in college, I belonged to a writers' group called the BIC Clique. BIC stood for Butt in Chair. There's no way around it! Park yourself and write!