Alexis
Alexis asked Bobby Underwood:

Thanks for the add Bobby! I admit to never having read one of your books, just your reviews of other author's work. So who better to ask than the man himself, which of your books is your favourite, and which would you suggest I read first?

Bobby Underwood Oh, that's always so hard, because they're your babies. Also, the books or stories you like best as a writer, may not be the ones a reader, depending on their tastes, enjoys most. Another thing which makes it difficult is that in my case, it might be a couple of books deep into a series, and therefor not where a reader would start sampling your work. I also write in a lot of different genres, so there is a wide variety, depending on your reading preferences. I do have favorites, but also have kind of a Sophie's Choice moment (though less serious, of course) when asked to choose. The Turquoise Shroud (the first Seth Halliday novel), I Died Twice (a soft romantic/noir drama set in the 1940s), and The Wild Country (the first in a popular western series -- by my standards) are probably my most reviewed. I price all my Kindle books at .99¢, whether it is a novel, novelette, novella or short story, to make it easy for readers to give my work a try, and keep my trade paperbacks in line with the big publishing houses. For a small sampling of my work (though it's only a couple of genres), I have made a couple of stories FREE to read here on Goodreads. A lovely six-chapter (short chapters) story, JOY ISLAND, is available by going to the anthology, Lovers' Tide, and clicking READ underneath the book photo. A PDF of Joy Island, one of the four terrific stories in that romantic work (Holly, Surfer Girl, and Galveston are the others), will pop up in its entirety, and can be read for free here on Goodreads. By going to my nine-story anthology of retro suspense stories paying homage to pulp magazines of the '30s and '40s, The Unlocked Window, and clicking under READ below the book photo, one of the stories, VOODOO ROAD, can be read on PDF in it's entirety at your leisure. That one is just a short story of old-fashioned suspense as a woman and a young girl try to escape an island. It's great fun, I think, if you are familiar with the older style genre -- and perhaps even if you aren't. I thought REQUIEM was a particularly beautiful story, and I am proud of that one. A lot of what I consider my favorites, however, do come later in series I write (Matt Ransom, Seth Halliday). Feel free to check out Joy Island and Voodoo Road here on Goodreads, and thanks for the question!