Goodreads asked Kaje Harper:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Kaje Harper The writing itself is wonderful - I did that long before I published. Having a story come alive under my fingertips, meeting the characters, being surprised at what happens... The way I write means I never know where things are going, so it's like reading, only better. And unlike in real life, I can take deep pain and obstacles of all kinds, and transmute them to joy, hope, and love.

The best thing about publishing has been the contact with readers, and the feedback I get. The fact that words I wrote and guys I created have touched people, brightened their days, even given new ideas, support, and sometimes hope. Hearing someone say Mac and Tony helped them get through a tough recovery, or Jacob and Daniel made them a supporter of gay marriage, is amazing. When someone tells me a story of mine did for them what my favorite books have always done for me, that's a totally satisfying moment.