Goodreads asked Liz Lee:

Liz Lee Spotify and Bose headphones. I try to find a soundtrack for my books. Music that fits the mood of the story so every time I turn it on, it snaps me back to the characters and their emotions. Eliza Jane Miller is a small town girl trying to shake that persona. Country music fit her. She's still a good girl, so Taylor Swift, Trisha Yearwood and others worked.
Sometimes, though, it's not about inspiration. Sometimes it's about perspiration. I had this AWFUL condition called frozen shoulder when I wrote To Risk a Heart. I couldn't move my left arm without it feeling like it wanted to fall off. I didn't write for eight weeks, and it was driving me crazy. One of my former students recommended Dragon Dictation. I used it and hand wrote in a spiral notebook old school style. It wasn't easy, but it was awesome to give voice to my story. I always tell my students you can't wait to be inspired to write. You write and the inspiration will come. As Nora Roberts says, you can't fix a blank page.