Jennifer
Jennifer asked:

Made the mistake of watching the movie first...

To answer questions about Interview with the Vampire, please sign up.
Megg Silly... Movies often don't do well by the book. This one did. It's a beautiful film that I've always loved and now I'm reading the original book. I've read others by Anne Rice and she crafts a great tale. I find the two mediums to go hand in hand. Lestat IS Anne Rice and, is she is a mystery, Lestat will always be a mercurial entity to behold.
Bridget C Me too. Couldn't get an original picture of Lestat in my head. Tom Cruise kept jumping into my mind. Ruined it for me. I tend to like the first story I'm exposed to, the movie or the book. The worst thing is when you really enjoy a movie and then realize later it was based on a book, but can't enjoy it. Life in the modern age!
Maggie Evans The books are so much better, I wouldnt have even thought about them in that context if I hadnt read the book, because the movie makes it pg, but her books with the ratings can be anything with the love scenes . . . I love The Vampire Lestat the most (and highly recommend it, if you havent already , thats the second one) & when you get farther up Im just in love with The Vampire Armand.
Aaron Cruz Still an amazing book!
Holly Van I thought that the movie was wonderful and did full justice to the book. Actually it did better justice to the character of Lestat, portraying him more accurately than the book did. I say that because we later learn (in the book series) that Louis misunderstood Lestat and didn't always describe him honestly or accurately. That's why, in IWTV, Lestat comes off as a rotten-to-the-core villain most of the time. Tom Cruise captured the very essence of Lestat, his complicated mix of good and evil, in a way that Louis's story didn't, and I found that more interesting.
Image for Interview with the Vampire