Goodreads asked C.J. Ellisson:

What are you currently working on?

C.J. Ellisson I'm currently working on the next book after Big Game, titled Blood Legacy. To get my head back in the story and characters, I'm re-reading the books. I've had the basic plot premise of this story mapped out for over two years, but due to low sales in the series I switched gears and worked on the contemporary romance series, Walk on the Wild Side.

I'd originally planned for the existing overall story arc to wrap up in two more books, and even have rough plots for stand-alone stories for books six and seven in the works. But now I'm not so sure.

Whether the books continue past this one or not will be solely up to sales. While yes, I love this series with all my heart, I need to focus on what sells -- and much to my dismay, that hasn't been these books.

Blood Legacy, with luck, will come out this fall. If sales are good, I'll immediately start the conclusion book in the existing story arc. If not, Blood Legacy may be the last book in the V V Inn series for a very long time -- which has led me to debate if I should wrap up the story arc in this book (which will take me more time).

I've also got readers waiting on Tony and Heather's final book and have an entire new adult romantic suspense series I'd like to work on. I'm never lacking for projects, that's for sure! Just the time to write them. :-)