Goodreads asked Nick Neddo:

Nick Neddo I find inspiration to be an elusive entity. I like to anthropomorphize creative inspiration as 'The Muse', a spirit that comes and goes. I make my best work when I recognize and honor creative urges when they are present, giving them the right-of-way. It is much easier and more productive for me to go with that flow, rather than to try to generate inspiration where it is not present.

Having said this, it worth mentioning that deadlines can offer motivation, if not full on inspiration. There is a collection of artwork that I am very pleased with, that I would not have birthed into the world had it not been for a good old deadline.

Choosing to write about something that is interesting to me personally is a way that I keep myself inspired. If the topic isn't fun to think or talk about, than it is pretty hard to want to write about it.