Goodreads asked G.G. Collins:

What mystery in your own life could be a plot for a book?

G.G. Collins You'd think after I wrote a book (Reluctant Medium) about the pitfalls of trying rituals you know nothing about, I would pass on performing one in real life. Oh noooo. Grief does strange things to us and when a dear friend died I, with no experience at all, enacted a "transitional blessing" for her. During the blessing, I asked if she could let me know she was okay, never expecting anything would come of it--but you know they do this in movies, and it works in that concept.

The following morning I was mundanely applying toothpaste to my brush when suddenly a small clock flew off a shelf, hit the wall on the other side of the room and fell into the bathtub. I was shaken and confused at this occurrence, but the clock was intact so I replaced it on the shelf.

All day I puzzled over this. The shelf was secure and level. How could this have happened? I even measured the distance from the shelf to the wall: eight feet. The clock had not fallen off, but streaked across the room like a UFO!

The following day as I prepared once again to brush my teeth, I touched the clock. It was stable. Reassured and about to believe I'd dreamed it all, I squeezed the toothpaste tube.

And then, the clock rattled on the shelf! At that point, I was actually a little afraid.

That's when I ran for my laptop and began writing what would become a Rachel Blackstone Paranormal Mystery short story. The title is "Presence" and it's available at Amazon. Read it and discover what the message meant.

--G G Collins, author of the Rachel Blackstone Paranormal Mystery series.