Goodreads asked Heidi Siefkas:

Heidi Siefkas Writer's block is a hurdle. Just like every one of life's hurdles, you must take a moment to get away, clear your mind, and rethink the situation. I use the take-away of my first book, Look Up, to deal with writer's block and my daily hiccups in life.

Look Up stems from the power of perspective and has two major components:
1) Be aware of your surroundings, appreciating the beauty as well as hazards. In essence, be in the moment and mindful.
2) Spin each situation positively. Although at first some circumstances appear negative, they are all opportunities. There are no wasted experiences. All wounds, hiccups, and hurdles turn into wisdom.

For writer's block, I look up and get away from my writing area. Typically, I do physical activity whether a hike, walk, or a ride in my kayak or SUP, which puts me in the moment, sweating, aching, and breathing fast. This gives me the perspective needed to continue writing. Some of my best writing has been developed on a spin bike or treadmill. Writer's block has an upside. It gets me active; plus, I gain perspective.