15 of Your Biggest Book Pet Peeves
Last week we asked on Facebook and on Twitter: What's your biggest book pet peeve?* Check out the top answers below!
1. "Peeps who leave crumbs behind between pages!! #ew" (Joyce B)
2. "When publishers change book covers mid-series! Biggest book pet peeve EVER…"(Amanda White)
3. "My Kindle battery dying!" (Hannah DesWonn)
4. "Seeing someone turn a book inside out by folding it in half while they read. The front and back should never meet!" (Mopsy Prewett)
5. "People who forget that they borrowed a book from you." (Nadia Malik)
6. "When someone rips out the pages of a book. How is the book supposed to make any sense when there are missing pages in it?" (Trish Welsh)
7. "Those strange mystery stains that are usually found between the pages of library books. Did someone spill coffee? Or slash their fingers open with a paper cut? Who knows?" (Traci Mccarty)
8. "Highlighting! Who are these savages?" (Anna Moloney)
9. "Library books last read by a nose picker." (Grace Minnick Hickox)
10. "Paperback covers that delaminate and warped hardcovers." (Paul Wichert)
11. "Dropping books in the toilet. Not that it's ever happened to me…" (Devyn Price)
12. "Broken spines are okay, unless it's a SINGLE crack right in the middle of the spine. That's the WORST." (Charlie)
13. "Dog-eared pages drive me crazy." (Elizabeth Newby)
14. "Sand stuck between pages from reading on the beach." (Ellen)
15. "Movie edition book covers…shudder." (Hollie Ruthless)
Did your book pet peeve not make the list? Then share it with us in the comments!
*And for those of you who have zero pet peeves, maybe Chhandra Bewtra can speak for you: "None. A book is precious, even with disfigurements."
Comments Showing 1-50 of 504 (504 new)
back to top