Iain Cameron Williams

Goodreads Author


Born
Sheffield, Yorkshire, The United Kingdom
Website

Genre

Influences
William Keepers Maxwell Jr. - musically, DB and GG and CP

Member Since
May 2013


Iain Cameron Williams - profile
Iain Cameron Williams was born in Sheffield, Yorkshire, of Scottish and Welsh ancestry. His mother was born in New York, America, and his father was born in Kalimpong, West Bengal, India. His grandfather was the missionary, writer and poet, Rev. Aeneas Francon Williams, and his great grandfather was the renowned Welsh writer and geographer, John Francon Williams. On his maternal side, Williams is related to the writer D.H. Lawrence through his grandmother’s sister Ada Rex who married George Beardsall, a cousin of Lawrence’s mother Lydia Beardsall. Iain Cameron Williams is the writer of the biography ‘Underneath a Harlem Moon … the Harlem to Paris Years of Adelaide Hall’ (published by Continuum International Pu
...more

Iain Cameron Williams hasn't written any blog posts yet.

Average rating: 4.25 · 8 ratings · 0 reviews · 1 distinct work
Underneath a Harlem Moon: T...

4.25 avg rating — 8 ratings — published 2002 — 2 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating

* Note: these are all the books on Goodreads for this author. To add more, click here.

Upcoming Events

No scheduled events. Add an event.

Iain’s Recent Updates

Iain shared a quote
Underneath a Harlem Moon by Iain Cameron Williams
“Writing is 90% struggle. The other 10% is up to you.”
Iain Cameron Williams
Iain rated a book it was amazing
The Folded Leaf by William Maxwell
Rate this book
Clear rating
Stunning ... a beautifully written account about the tensions within a friendship between two college students. Set in the Chicago suburbs in the 1920s, the tale is at times funny yet deeply profound and very moving. Maxwell has the ability of captur ...more
Iain rated a book it was amazing
So Long, See You Tomorrow by William Maxwell
Rate this book
Clear rating
Genius - William Maxwell says in one sentence what most writers say in a paragraph. A sensitive account of his childhood, a recurring theme in many of his works. His words make me cry with joy. The only writer I have discovered that I truly am in awe ...more
Iain shared a quote
4751
“I never expected there to be so much death in my life.'
I. C. Williams.”
Iain Cameron Williams
Iain shared a quote
4751
“Don't let fashion dictate your style.”
Iain Cameron Williams
Iain rated a book it was amazing
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Rate this book
Clear rating
Iain finished reading
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Rate this book
Clear rating
Iain rated a book it was amazing
Lost, Stolen or Shredded by Rick Gekoski
Rate this book
Clear rating
Iain rated a book it was amazing
A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French
Rate this book
Clear rating
Iain rated a book it was amazing
The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
Rate this book
Clear rating
More of Iain's books…
“Writing is 90% struggle. The other 10% is up to you.”
Iain Cameron Williams, Underneath a Harlem Moon: The Harlem to Paris Years of Adelaide Hall

“Don't let fashion dictate your style.”
Iain Cameron Williams

“I never expected there to be so much death in my life.'
I. C. Williams.”
Iain Cameron Williams
tags: death, life

“Don't let fashion dictate your style.”
Iain Cameron Williams

“I never expected there to be so much death in my life.'
I. C. Williams.”
Iain Cameron Williams
tags: death, life

“Writing is 90% struggle. The other 10% is up to you.”
Iain Cameron Williams, Underneath a Harlem Moon: The Harlem to Paris Years of Adelaide Hall




No comments have been added yet.