CCSC 40 Book Challenge
— 11 members
— last activity Aug 26, 2019 09:08AM
The 40 Book Challenge is a personal challenge. It is not a class grade. It is not a mandatory program. It's meant to push students, teachers, adults, The 40 Book Challenge is a personal challenge. It is not a class grade. It is not a mandatory program. It's meant to push students, teachers, adults, and parents in our CCSC community to embrace a culture of reading, to explore all genres, and to push beyond our comfort zones.
Our group rules are simple:
1. Everybody at CCSC is a reader.
2. Readers become stronger readers by reading a lot.
3. There's a right book for everyone, and our community can help us find it.
4. Whether you read or not isn't a choice, but what you read is YOUR choice.
5. Your reading life matters.
6. Read widely to hit your 40 books: 5 realistic fiction, 4 fantasy, 3 mystery, 2 historical fiction, 5 informational texts, 5 biography/autobiography, 2 adventure, 2 science fiction, 1 book of poetry, 1 novel in verse, 10 free choice books
7. Help good books get read: rate books you've read, review them, and recommend them to people during book talks in your classes.