Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Books by Title/Title=topic name > _ Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior_ by Temple Grandin

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments This looks like an interesting book:
_Animals in Translation Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior_
by Temple Grandin
Animals in Translation Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior by Temple Grandin
I've put it on my TBR list.

See details at: http://publicradiomarket.publicradio....
Excerpts:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Temple Grandin is like no other author on the subject of animals because of her training and because of her autism: understanding animals is in her blood and in her bones."

Grandin, a professor of animal science at Colorado State University, explores how animals think and feel. She says: "The basic premise of the book is that animals do have emotions."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See the video of her speaking here: ====>
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time is also very good about autism. My Red Hat Club will discuss it next month.
Also, read Unraveling the Mysteries of Autism which is beyond getting 5 stars, needs more.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (luncrest) | 26 comments I read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" and thought it was great. We read in a book club we had going a work for a while. A mystery with a twist, I always like that.

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Regina, you've given me an idea for another topic. I'm now wondering how many people are mystery fans. Thanks for the idea. (g)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

We are discussing this book in two days so hoping I can remember it all since its been about a month since I read it.

Hope you have a Happy Valentines!
Alice

message 7: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Good luck with your memory, Alice. Perhaps if you refresh your memory by reading customer reviews at Amazon.com, it might help.

~~~~~~~~~~~Happy Valentine's Day to you too.~~~~~~~~~~~
Photobucket

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea Joy! thanks,
Alice

ps- love your string of hearts