The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from NC !

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina | 5 comments just wanted to say hi since i am new here .my name is Tina , i am 32 , born in germany and live in NC . i hope to make some friends here that love to read as much as i do . around here it seems nobody does ...lol ...

(..."is that enough?should i write some more, about my animals , my hubby , my stepdaughter or is that to much ? i don't know ....")

tina

message 2: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Hi Tina, you can write whatever you feel like. You find lots of crazy booklovers here!

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9861 comments Mod
Hi Tina....Welcome to the group! write as much or as little as you want to share. Or you can save it all for the threads!

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (hsditto) Hi Tina and welcome to the group! You instantly gained a bunch of new friends the second you joined TNBBC...So jump right in and have fun! I look forward to seeing you around the discussions.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Tina!

message 6: by Hayes (last edited Jan 27, 2009 11:48PM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Welcome Tina. How did you get to NC from Germany? (Probably the same way I got to Italy from NYC!!) Hope to see you in the threads.

How are you enjoying Jonathon Strange? I'm gonna read it in a few weeks... I've got a couple of other things on my list first.

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello, Tina, and Welcome!

message 8: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Tina...Welcome to the group!!!

message 9: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Hi Tina. I know what you mean, finding fellow readers is a hard job. But here, you have book lovers from all over the globe.

Hope to see you in all the discussions going on, jump right in. We're all friends here.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Tina! One of my nephews and his wife are living in NC now; how do you like it there? Be prepared to add a lot of books to your to be read list! :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Tina!

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina | 5 comments Cindy wrote: "Hi Tina! One of my nephews and his wife are living in NC now; how do you like it there? Be prepared to add a lot of books to your to be read list! :)"
our town is not the best, nicest,biggest,most exciting town but i like it .AND it's not too far from the beach . AND we did have snow this winter (which i usually miss very much ,since we have a lot of it in germany.

message 13: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal | 144 comments Hi Tina! Welcome to the book club. I hope you like it here. I'm from SC, so that's not too far away.

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina | 5 comments Hayes wrote: "Welcome Tina. How did you get to NC from Germany? (Probably the same way I got to Italy from NYC!!) Hope to see you in the threads.

How are you enjoying Jonathon Strange? I'm gonna read it in ..."

my hubby is military , that's how i landed here . and to jonathan strange.... i am taking a brake .but i will come back to it .i just need something easier in between

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tina! i am from NC too!!!

message 16: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I went to Italy after university - for a break and some experience in teaching before "getting a life" in NYC. I liked it here so much that 22 years later I'm still here. I'm not liking Rome so much these days, but I still love Italy.

A lot of people have said that Jonathan strange is tough going. What are you readig now?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

What Basketball team do you like Tina?

I like UNC.

message 18: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1046 comments Welcome, Tina.

message 19: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Ah, you were lucky to get snow! That's exciting since you were missing it anyway. We moved to Arizona from Illinois and I too miss the snow. Like the third year we were here, it actually snowed! We took a drive to play in it. It was so unusual for Arizona. I thought it was just for me as I was homesick for the snow!

message 20: by Kittiya (new)

Kittiya | 12 comments Hi Tina! My sister & Hubby just moved to NC. He is also in the military. She's made them same comment about having a hard time finding fellow readers around here. I think you like this site though, I am there are more then enough avid readers here! It's so cool your near the beach though. I miss it.