The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from NC !

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina | 5 comments just wanted to say hi since i am new here .my name is Tina , i am 32 , born in germany and live in NC . i hope to make some friends here that love to read as much as i do . around here it seems nobody does ...lol ...

(..."is that enough?should i write some more, about my animals , my hubby , my stepdaughter or is that to much ? i don't know ....")

tina

message 2: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Hi Tina, you can write whatever you feel like. You find lots of crazy booklovers here!

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9967 comments Mod
Hi Tina....Welcome to the group! write as much or as little as you want to share. Or you can save it all for the threads!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Tina!

message 5: by Hayes (last edited Jan 27, 2009 11:48PM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Welcome Tina. How did you get to NC from Germany? (Probably the same way I got to Italy from NYC!!) Hope to see you in the threads.

How are you enjoying Jonathon Strange? I'm gonna read it in a few weeks... I've got a couple of other things on my list first.

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello, Tina, and Welcome!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Tina...Welcome to the group!!!

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Tina! One of my nephews and his wife are living in NC now; how do you like it there? Be prepared to add a lot of books to your to be read list! :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Tina!

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 5 comments Cindy wrote: "Hi Tina! One of my nephews and his wife are living in NC now; how do you like it there? Be prepared to add a lot of books to your to be read list! :)"
our town is not the best, nicest,biggest,most exciting town but i like it .AND it's not too far from the beach . AND we did have snow this winter (which i usually miss very much ,since we have a lot of it in germany.

message 11: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal | 144 comments Hi Tina! Welcome to the book club. I hope you like it here. I'm from SC, so that's not too far away.

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina | 5 comments Hayes wrote: "Welcome Tina. How did you get to NC from Germany? (Probably the same way I got to Italy from NYC!!) Hope to see you in the threads.

How are you enjoying Jonathon Strange? I'm gonna read it in ..."

my hubby is military , that's how i landed here . and to jonathan strange.... i am taking a brake .but i will come back to it .i just need something easier in between

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Tina! i am from NC too!!!

message 14: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I went to Italy after university - for a break and some experience in teaching before "getting a life" in NYC. I liked it here so much that 22 years later I'm still here. I'm not liking Rome so much these days, but I still love Italy.

A lot of people have said that Jonathan strange is tough going. What are you readig now?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

What Basketball team do you like Tina?

I like UNC.

message 16: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Welcome, Tina.

message 17: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Ah, you were lucky to get snow! That's exciting since you were missing it anyway. We moved to Arizona from Illinois and I too miss the snow. Like the third year we were here, it actually snowed! We took a drive to play in it. It was so unusual for Arizona. I thought it was just for me as I was homesick for the snow!

message 18: by Kittiya (new)

Kittiya | 12 comments Hi Tina! My sister & Hubby just moved to NC. He is also in the military. She's made them same comment about having a hard time finding fellow readers around here. I think you like this site though, I am there are more then enough avid readers here! It's so cool your near the beach though. I miss it.