Libba Bray Lovers! discussion

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy > How long did it take you to read each book?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kei (new)

Kei (superkei) It took me 3 days to read A Great and Terrible Beauty. I never wanted to put it down but I had to do stuff like leave the house to buy groceries or take a shower, etc...

It seems like the books are easy reads.

I started reading Rebel Angels on January 9th, but I've been busy and no one in my house wants to stop talking to me, which means I have to wait for everyone to go to sleep so I can enjoy my reading time.

I'm thinking of just taking a day off (as in, don't go anywhere on Saturday), lock myself in a room, and finishing RA, because I can't wait to get into TSFT. It's sitting on my shelf just waiting for me, lol.

So what was your reading schedule? Did you get through the books rather quickly?

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 5 comments depends, i think AGATB & Rebel Angels took me about a day or two and ASFT took maybe 2-3 days. all i know is that i went through them fast cause they were so epic

message 3: by Allie, A hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 3724 comments Mod
Yeah, but i wouldn't say they were easy reads. I'd say Rebel Angels took me the longest, but i have no idea how long it took me, 2, 3 days maybe? I read TSFT super fast.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 5135 comments Mod
Took me a week to finish AGATB, two weeks to finish RA and a month to finish TSFT.

Exactly.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 55 comments They took at least a week apiece, with ample time between to process. I did go back and reread chapters and scenes along the way. They aren't quick, because there is so much substance in them!

message 6: by Armina (new)

Armina AGATB took me about about a week, because i think that was the slowest book out of them all, and i had school. I finished Rebel Angles in about 4 days during the week. Which is definitely a record for me. And I finished TSFT in like 3 days.

message 7: by Karina (new)

Karina AGATB took about a bit less than a week. Rebel angles took me about two days, the weekend and now all i need to read is TSFT but Minnie won't let me borrow it. *glare* lol

message 8: by Emma (new)

There's always the library.

I would neverrr let anyone borrow my copy of TSFT.

I slapped my friend's hand away when she tried to touch it.

I'm just a bit protective of it.

message 9: by Karina (new)

Karina The library has about 150 holds on the first two books back. Sucks.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Wowwww, that is horrible.

Can you buy it? Can you bribe Minnie? lol.

message 11: by Karina (new)

Karina lol. i'd tried bt she won't let me. and i haven't been to a book sotre in months. my parents won't take me cause everytime we do go they end up buying me something. lol

message 12: by Emma (last edited Jan 27, 2009 09:18AM) (new)

Hahaha, smart parents!

message 13: by Karina (new)

Karina haha yeah.

message 14: by Kei (new)

Kei (superkei) That's why I prefer to *buy* books, because the ones I desire to read are never available at the library. Plus, if they are really enthralling then I love having them so I can always re-read. I am glad that I've never heard of the Gemma Doyle Trilogy. I "discovered" the books just browsing through Borders. Then I got online to read about them (avoiding spoilers) & realized they were popular. For me, it's always exciting to choose a book on my own without too much influence.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

just re read AGATB and it only took me like 5 days which is good because i am probably the slowestt reader on the face of the earth!

message 16: by Ren (new)

Ren (iirenity) It took me two or three days respectively for the first two novels; it took me one day for TSFT, probably due to my strong anticipation of awaiting the book. I flew through it.

message 17: by Armina (new)

Armina Wow, I would never have enough time to read TSFT in one day...

message 18: by Karina (new)

Karina OMG!! i just finished TSFT!! it was amazing. took me about a week cause of school and stuff.

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (kutiegirl106) | 3104 comments Mod
Did you cry? Because I BAWLED!

message 20: by Karina (new)

Karina No. But I was about to!!! I already knew what happened so it wasn't as a dramatic ending as it could have been.

message 21: by Armina (new)

Armina that happened to me too. i still cried, though. i hated knowing what would happen in the end...

message 22: by Emma (new)

I knew Karina, and I still wept.

WEPT.

message 23: by Karina (new)

Karina It takes the weeping away from me. But I still yelled in agony.

message 24: by Armina (new)

Armina i was depressed for days after i finished it. and then i was talking to my friend and she said that she was mad at the author, so after she told me that i became really mad and even if i think about it now, i can feel the anger coming on...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

dude my friend told me the end of TSFT!!!! ugh so i didnt cry! it was horrible

message 26: by Emma (new)

I knew the ending and still wept.

I would've been very angry at my friend.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

haha i was only mad for a while.....

message 28: by Karina (new)

Karina I found out whne I didn't want to read the books.