The Reading Rainbow Coalition discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Dump: Suggestions > Book the First

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
There were a lot of really good suggestions but of course we have to limit ourselves a little to maintain focus. :) I tried to pick books of different styles and genres. We are also going to start a little small in that a.) no epics just yet (books of 500+ pages), and b.) no series just yet. This will change as we get into the swing of things, of course; I'm fully aware that some of the best Sci-fi and Fantasy books out there are in series form, and also in weight equaling that of any holiday ham (I'm looking at you, George Martin and Robert Jordan). I think I made an exception to the Dexter book because from what I can understand, it seems like it can stand alone. I might be mistaken, but we can all find out together. :)

Vote away... polls close on Saturday.

message 2: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
Looks like our winner for Book 1 is World War Z. Commence reading! Post comments here throughout the month. Let's set a deadline of March 1... unless you think you can read faster than that! ;P

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (notmandatory) | 10 comments I can probably get it done before that...but it HAS been pointed out that I'm a mutant. Lol.

message 4: by Dram (new)

Dram | 21 comments We're not doing intermediary checkpoints/discussions? Okay. Gives me time to slack, I guess.

message 5: by Duder (new)

Duder | 3 comments Lol I finished it yesterday, I don't think I could ever take a whole month to read a book. I get a little OCD about finishing things so I usually read 100+ pages at a time, that and it was really good, hard to put down.

message 6: by Dram (new)

Dram | 21 comments Duder wrote: "Lol I finished it yesterday, I don't think I could ever take a whole month to read a book. I get a little OCD about finishing things so I usually read 100+ pages at a time, that and it was really g..."

Yeah I've read a bit into it and love it, but I'm saving it for my two 3 hour train rides this weekend.

message 7: by Kori (new)

Kori | 1 comments I actually read this book last year and it prompted me to pick up his Zombie Survival guide.
Just as a side note, the survival guide, really does read more like a manual then the brilliant way this book is written as a military report.

message 8: by Brigid (new)

Brigid (BPres) | 7 comments Kori wrote: "I actually read this book last year and it prompted me to pick up his Zombie Survival guide.
Just as a side note, the survival guide, really does read more like a manual then the brilliant way th..."

I agree. The survival giude is almost like a coffee table book to put out to start discussions. I kept a copy in my desk drawer at work last summer. We took Z Day very seriously.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.