≡The Ultimate Group≡ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
W.O.W. (Word Of the Week) > W.O.W. Jan 25th-Jan 31st

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (last edited Jan 26, 2009 07:08AM) (new)

Paige Miller Word of the Week
Jan. 25th-Jan 31st
Word: ebullience

message 2: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments .... oh my gosh i know this one.... i can't remember.... aaagh... ;\

message 3: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (new)

♥♫ Bethany (betherny) | 1478 comments Mod
You should say it, but PAIGE SHOULDN'T ANNOUNCE IF GUESSES ARE RIGHT OR WRONG YET. So nobody will know if their guess is correct or incorrect until the end of the week.

message 4: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (new)

Heyyy... I thought the W.O.W. was gonna be purbiculiosis or something like that (whatever I made up, I can't remember)?

message 5: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments i'm guessing... gosh i dunno, something with like, "extravagant decoration", or, like, really fancy, shiny, i dunno...

message 6: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (new)

Lol. As usual, I have no clue!

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Bethany wrote: "Heyyy... I thought the W.O.W. was gonna be purbiculiosis or something like that (whatever I made up, I can't remember)?"

I know, but I decided it's not fair to have a word that doesn't actually exist, you know? I'm sorry....

Nope, I won't tell until the end of the week....

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 407 comments hey, what does that word even mean? i've heard it before.....

message 10: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments yeah, like, the end of the week is pretty much gone now, paige, you can tell us ...

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) yeah...it's now tuesday, FEBRUARY 3rd lol

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 407 comments wootwoowttt!! no, um seriously could u tell us??

message 13: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments *waitz*

....i s'pose i could just look it up, now that the week's over... nah, that would rob paige of her priveleges... *sighz*

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyamazingxx) u could alwayz look it up and not tell her :P
but that would be evil and devious and maniacal which i know isn't u right monolith?

message 15: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments hmm.... noh, it izzint.... O.O :D

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 407 comments hahahahahahaha

message 17: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (new)

Well, Paige... The point of a made-up word is that they guess for fun...

Like FRUITABLE!!! Isn't it fun to try to guess what a pretend word is, by breaking the word up into parts?

You could break FRUITABLE up into fruit-able. Then from there you can probably guess it's a fruit-vegetable.

message 18: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (last edited Feb 03, 2009 03:35PM) (new)

With a real word that's just long and confusing, how is anybody supposed to guess? They have nothing to guess by.

Fruitable: fruit-able: fruit-vegetable
(You can kind of tell!)

Ebullience: ebul-lience: ?????!?!?!?!!!
(You can't really tell! I don't know what the base ebul- means! I know poly- mono- bi- tri- stuff like that. But not ebul- !!!)

Nobody would know what it means, unless they had already known the word before....

message 19: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments actually, i would guess "able to be fruited", which would only confuzz me more, so... :D

message 20: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (last edited Feb 03, 2009 03:36PM) (new)

Well, something like that! =P But you could break up the word to at least GUESS. Ebullience... There's nothing to help you form a guess.

message 21: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments haha, yeah... i dunno :P :D

message 22: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (new)

Yeah =P

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 407 comments ohohohoh!!! a fruitable i HAVE an example!!

ex number 1: TOMATO is a FRUITABLE

message 24: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 408 comments wow, there is now so much paige bait on this topic... where is she!? haha, wasn't she the one with the whole article on how the tomato was a... i hope i don't get this wrong.... fruit? haha, that was awesome...

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 407 comments oh....welll

message 26: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) wait so are we supposed to just try using the word?

message 27: by Paige (last edited Feb 06, 2009 01:29PM) (new)

Paige Miller oops, sorry guys and gals *blushes*

Okay, ebullience means:

1. high spirits; exhilaration; exuberance.
2. a boiling over; overflow

And Bethany, I get your point, but if no one knows what a purble is, how would they know what purblicious meant?

AND TOMATOES ARE NOT FRUITABLES!!! THEY ARE FRUITS!!!

message 28: by ♥♫ Bethany, ≡ PURPLE UNICORNS! ≡ (new)

It doesn't have to be "purbilicious" !!! =P

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.