Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Can anyone identify this book?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Murrrmaiyd (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 25 comments Ok, a friend of mine found this book in a bookstore and read the first chapter and loved it, but didn't have the money to get it yet. When she went back to the store, it was gone. She wrote down the title, but lost what she wrote it on...lol...

What she remembers is: it was about a vampire girl who wakes up in the current time after spending her entire immortality encased in the cement floor of a building. It wasn't till they took wrecking balls to the building that they found her and now she's trying to cope with her immortality. She explains at one point that she could hear people above her, but her screams couldn't be heard by them throughout the centuries. So she knew she was encased there but somehow their voices were comforting enough that she didn't go entirely insane by being trapped there
When she finally does get released, she is public knowledge. Everyone knows she is a vampire.

If anyone can tell me the title and author of this, I'll be eternally grateful, and so will Maddy! :)

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 11 comments I don't know if it's this one since I haven't read it. I came across it while browsing in the Borders store. La Vida Vampire by Nancy Haddock. http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Paranor...

message 3: by Murrrmaiyd (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 25 comments Hey, this sounds like it could be it!! Woohoo! I'm going to send this to my friend and confirm... :)

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments I own "La Vida Vampire" and have to agree with Debbie, based on your synopsis I'm pretty sure that was the book.

BTW, according to Amazon.com the 2nd in the series is due to be released in May and is titled "Last Vampire Standing". I personally am looking forward to it as I liked "La Vida Vampire".

message 5: by Murrrmaiyd (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 25 comments It is!! I showed it to my friend early this morning and she confirmed, that's the book she was looking for, thanks guys!! :)

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 11 comments Yay! Glad we were able to help.

message 7: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Glad you were able to find it for her, Murrrmaiyd! :)

message 8: by Murrrmaiyd (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 25 comments Me too, 'cause now I'm going to read that one too...lol... :)

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (ClownG33K) | 6 comments Thanks I now have another book I want to read! LOL!

message 10: by Murrrmaiyd (new)

Murrrmaiyd | 25 comments LOL!! I'm such a corrupter... :)

message 11: by Sans (new)

Sans Hello, hello, nice to meet everyone!

I'm still browsing through the posts and apologize if this book has been mentioned elsewhere.

My mum read a teaser chapter that she didn't catch the name for. She thinks it was a werewolf following/chasing his pregnant girlfriend in a car. Her car collided with another and she died (the baby was delivered at the hospital a bit later). The only survivor of the other car ends up being the werewolf's 'true mate' and is pregnant herself. The only way he can think to stay near her is to ask her to stay with him and help him raise his child.

Many thanks in advance!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Sans, that's the teaser for Burning Wild by Christine Feehan. It was in the back of Murder Game. It won't be out until April, though.

message 13: by Sans (new)

Sans Wow, thank you so much!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

You're very welcome! I forgot to mention that there are 2 previous books in that series. The Awakening and Wild Rain. Both are great.

message 15: by Sans (new)

Sans Lillie, you are amazing. I know she has enjoyed several of Ms. Feehans' books but I don't think she's read these. I might have to myself!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad I could help :) I'm a big Feehan fan myself, in case you couldn't tell, LOL.