Writing Writers discussion

Powerful Paragraphs > Paragraph Contest Ideas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) I thought it would be fun if we could have a paragraph contest. We would select a prompt and then you would have to write a paragraph on it. If you have any ideas or prompts, here's where to share them!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

that sounds fun

message 3: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) I thought so too. Any ideas?

message 4: by Jesi (last edited Feb 26, 2009 10:58AM) (new)

Jesi (zoebabii328) | 2 comments How about writing a little paragprah describing something without actually saying what it is, just showing it. (Prompt I just did in class lol)

I'll start:

I was upstairs on the computer when I smelt the savory aroma drifting from the kitchen. I let the scent guide me downstairs, where I saw it. The light brown, fluffy chassis was illuminating the senses, tempting me to relish in its perfection. It feels velvety and smooth. As I cut it open, smoke rises from the saccharine center. As I chew, I nibble on the pulpy liquid with hints of cinnamon and apple. The feathery crust adds an earthy texture. I eat slowly, to relish in its absolute satisfaction.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jesi wrote: "How about writing a little paragprah describing something without actually saying what it is, just showing it. (Prompt I just did in class lol)

I'll start:

I was upstairs on the computer when I s..."

I love this paragraph! It pulled me into to a word picture complete with stimulation of my scences. Thanks! Malika