TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

79 views
Twilight: Characters of Shame > Bella Hatin' (In the Pages of Twilight)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (vaiyala) | 142 comments Okay, so I got a copy of New Moon today...yay for me. I didn't get through it the first time I attempted and so since the Twitards at school are telling me I can't hate something I haven't read, I have to slug through this before I can say anything. -_o

But I noticed something. There's some hating on Bella by the characters of Twilight (the ones that matter, that is) and this includes Deadward himself.


QUOTES FROM PAGES 69-71

"Bella, I don't want you to come with me." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he was really saying.

There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for their real intent.

"You...don't...want me?" I tried out the words, confused by the way they sounded, placed in that order.

"No."


And...

"You're not good for me, Bella." He turned his earlier words around, and so I had no argument. How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.

I opened my mouth to say something, and then closed it again. He waited patiently, his face wiped clean of all emotion.


And there's more...

"Don't do anything reckless or stupid," he ordered, no longer attached. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

I nodded helplessly.

"His eyes cooled, the distance returned. "I'm thinking of Charlie, of course. He needs you. Take care of yourself--for him."


I know this is all part of Deadward's little plan to keep her safe but still, it's fun to know he at least said it. Him, the love of her life. In a world where everyone loves that girl for no reason, it is sort of satisfying to read that. Later, there's also Jess's little scene during their night out. I was glad to see someone not fawning over Bella's emotional state.

So that's the topic here--where else in the Twilight series have you seen characters acting rudely or just plain hating on Bella?


message 2: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments yeah


message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn oh, if u go read the midnight sun draft on meyers official site, theres alot of bella hating in there. since in midnight sun ur in deadwards head u hear all the things other people r thinking, and not everyone loves bella. pretty much all the parts where u r hearing jessica's mind, there is plenty of rudness towards bella.

@_@


message 4: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (vaiyala) | 142 comments I officially love Jess more than I did before. LOL Is Midnight Sun a little easier to trudge through than Twilight?


message 5: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments me too


message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn ya midnight sun is waaaaaaaay better than twilight. maybe cuz ur not listening to bellas whining.

@_@


message 7: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (vaiyala) | 142 comments That has to be it. LOL Edward is actually a decent enough character but since in Twilight, you always have to see him through his obsessor's POV, it's hard to sympathize with him.


message 8: by Viv (new)

Viv | 3 comments O.K. I am going to preface that I don't hate the books, but don't let that dissaude you from reading this comment. I do hate the main characters Edward and Bella.

I have friends who have tried to call me out on this saying you can't hate the main characters, and still love the book, but I disagree. There are lots of classic books where you hate the main characters. I hated everyone in Wethering Heights. I thought Mr.Darcy in P&P was overrated. But, It didn't distract from my enjoyment of the stories.

So...the point. i can't stand Bella. She is needy, obsessive, and inexplecably and undeservably adored by the whole freaking town. She is the girl in high school you love to hate because you can't figure her out. You can't even say that she is nice, because really she is not. She only talks to her human friends because she has no choice, but is quite to ditch them when the vampires come back. I like that Jacob calls her out in the 3rd book for being mean, and that Jessica finally turns on her. She deserves it.

My fav anti Bella part of New Moon is after Bella goes to the movie with Jacob and Mike, and Mike finally gets it that Bella is never gonna happen for him, and he is mena to her at school after that. It comes at the same time that Jacob is doing his wolf thing and ignoring her.

Ha Ha Bella. No Mike. No Jacob. And No Edward. Sucks to be you! At least for a brief perios of time!


message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol,

@_@


message 10: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (vaiyala) | 142 comments Viv wrote: "O.K. I am going to preface that I don't hate the books, but don't let that dissaude you from reading this comment. I do hate the main characters Edward and Bella.

I have friends who have tried..."


Wow, that was brilliant!



message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (Runawaymarbles) | 130 comments Jacob acted like he hated her a little bit... ga. I kind of like Jacob, but HATE all the others.


message 12: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (vaiyala) | 142 comments Same here. ^^ I love Jacob the most (and Jasper...just cause he's the only one Bella doesn't pay attention to enough to give us her actual opinion on him).


message 13: by Viv (new)

Viv | 3 comments Actually Madysen....I can't really stand Jacob either. He is manipulative. Especially in Esclipse. He knows Bella is weak, and totally takes advantage of it.

Actually, the only characters I like in the whole book series are Charlie (Bella's dad) because he is so quietly thoughtful. And Emmett. He is the only one who is real to me. He doesn't hide his feelings. He shares all his opinions. He doesn't jusge any of the other characters and their choices. Especailly Edward. He is funny, and not afraid to make jokes about very serious things. And he is not embarassed to admit that he is completely and utterly in love with Rosalie to the point of obsession.


message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (Runawaymarbles) | 130 comments true, true.


message 15: by Madysen (new)

Madysen (vaiyala) | 142 comments Viv wrote: "Actually Madysen....I can't really stand Jacob either. He is manipulative. Especially in Esclipse. He knows Bella is weak, and totally takes advantage of it.

Would it be wrong if I said I think that's great? LOL Kidding, kidding. You're actually right, although he was a perfectly capable character in the first two books. He was beliveable and the only one who wasn't head over heels for Bella. Actually... I think that's what makes me like him. Heck, I even like the fact that he's manipulative because it shows he's a rounded character with many sides to him.

In my opinion, a character doesn't have to be "nice" to be likable. I mean, I loved Malfoy in HP because he was well rounded and showed emotions (especially when he'd been asked to off Dumbledoor...it distressed him and showed his human side). Sorry, I’m a total nerd. ^^’




message 16: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments hi just got back from school, we got out early today for some reason :)


message 17: by Simona-- (last edited Jul 17, 2009 05:33PM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (CompletelyInsane) | 806 comments Madysen wrote: "I officially love Jess more than I did before. LOL Is Midnight Sun a little easier to trudge through than Twilight?"

SO much easier.
not for my (nonexistent) love of edward, but to watch deadward plainly diss all the boys in school who like bella, and watch basically every girl she knows make fun of her in their thoughts.


message 18: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) | 169 comments I swear sometimes Bella makes me wanna kill her. SHE'S JUST SO WHINY!!! I read the partial draft of Midnight Sun and I'll tell you, Edward's POV is alot better because he isn't whining or crying or complaining! I was hoping in his POV that he would kill Bella!


message 19: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (CompletelyInsane) | 806 comments Sheeky wrote: "I swear sometimes Bella makes me wanna kill her. SHE'S JUST SO WHINY!!! I read the partial draft of Midnight Sun and I'll tell you, Edward's POV is alot better because he isn't whining or crying or..."

you literally made me LOL! also, i think SM is being CRAZILY oversensitive about this whole midnight sun thing. GET OVER IT!


message 20: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) | 169 comments Amen Sisi!


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Madysen wrote: "Viv wrote: "Actually Madysen....I can't really stand Jacob either. He is manipulative. Especially in Esclipse. He knows Bella is weak, and totally takes advantage of it.

Would it be wrong if ..."


lol... your right... i mean, bellatrix aint the nicest person either... and neither is lestat from the vampire chronicles, but they are still awesome


back to top