The Reasons Why you wrote your book or books discussion

Book Title Choices > Why I wrote . . .The Light, The Dark, and Ember Between

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.W. (new)

J.W. Nicklaus | 3 comments The Light, The Dark, and Ember Between by J.W. Nicklaus

The most applicable word I can think of would be catharsis. I didn't write all the stories in one consecutive string, rather as they had needed to be written.

Even now I have the itch to write more, yet research and the adventure of self-promotion (not to mention work) conspire to deny me my keyboard affection.

The answer at heart is that I, like most of us, suffer from an intractable afflication of Hope and reel from the soulful malaise of heartache. Writing most of those stories was a way for me to give written form to such subjective and deeply rooted ideals like love, hope, and heartbreak.

message 2: by Minnie (last edited Jan 25, 2009 08:51AM) (new)

Minnie (MinnieEstelle) <>

I feel ya J.W. My first book was titled "Catharsis."
I'm not sure people got what I was trying to convey because I used vampires as my characters and dabbled into the paranormal. The three stories were short and probably not clear enough. Catharsis was my first try at writing. I still love that book.
Thank you for sharing your deep thoughts.

message 3: by J.W. (new)

J.W. Nicklaus | 3 comments Minnie wrote: ">

I feel ya J.W. My first book was titled "Catharsis."
I'm not sure people got what I was trying to convey because I used vampires as my characters and dabbled into the paranormal. The three s..."

Hi Minnie :^)

Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply.

A lot of authors that I've read about have a special place in their heart for their first effort. Perhaps it's because we approach it with such passion and enthusiasm--much like a new relationship.

Then the glossy sheen wears off and the actual process of matured writing sets in. There's no less passion to get the words right, but the bounding energy and enjoyment seems to be tempered a bit from the first.

Eventually though, as with any truly good relationship, there develops a deep, unabiding respect and soulful connection with your writing.

I very much understand your thoughts :^)