Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

MGR [archived] > Pleasure Unbound-FEB-chap.7-13-week 2

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Start here.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Okay, guys, what are you thinking so far? (I know not everyone stopped reading after chapter 6....)

I'm trying to figure out what it is about this book that has me so hooked I would miss LOST (gasp) to keep reading. I like E and Tayla, but I certainly wouldn't rank them among my favorite couples. In fact, they're maybe a tad bland. So what is it that's so good? I guess there's just a lot of good suspense. The story here is pretty rich.
What does everyone think?

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user Well, I thought she paced the story really well. There were no real slow points and the detailed world is pretty engrossing. :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Just an aside - I thought I had a pretty vivid imagination, but a hot poker up the ass is something I never thought of... *shudder*

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
LOL

Yeah that was pretty interesting wording and it got me visualizing just that and I was like EWWWW!

message 6: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Nichole brings up a good point. Tayla and E aren't the steamiest couple to ever grace the pages of PNR but the overall world Larissa Ione has created more than makes up for that. She spends time going back and forth between characters and gives you the time to build up each part of the world and then goes back to Tayla and E.

QUESTION: Are you wondering what Tayla's demon half will be? Will she be able to hide it from the Aegis?

This is for this week's reading =)

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
During these chapters yes I did wonder what her half demon would be, and how she writes is just so unique I really havent read any other book like this.. I think its why I liked it so much.