The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello All!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments I am a very new newbie to goodreads! My friend introduced me to it via facebook on Weds and today is Fri and I'm pretty much becoming an addict. I love to read! I have a "To Read" list that I've been keeping typed up as a word document for years with well over 100 books on it at all times.. I finally read "Gone with the Wind" last year and looooved it. I love both fiction and nonfiction from all over the world! I am very into arthurian legend. Also one of my favorite authors is Jasper Fforde (though he has nothing to do with king arthur).

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Leah! Two days and you are already addicted...TNBBC will only make it worse but in a good way!

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Jessica wrote: "Welcome, Leah! Two days and you are already addicted...TNBBC will only make it worse but in a good way!"

I was looking for something to read when she invited me to join and I've been sucked in by all the books!

message 4: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (Leanne1986) | 500 comments Hi Leah, I'm fairly new too and, like you, became addicted to this site in a short space of time :)

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10062 comments Mod
Hi Leah, thanks for joining.
It is quite addicting, isnt it? I remember when i first found this website, I had so much fun just logging and rating my books....... I hadnt even gotten to the good sutff like the groups yet!

message 6: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Lori wrote: "Hi Leah, thanks for joining.
It is quite addicting, isnt it? I remember when i first found this website, I had so much fun just logging and rating my books....... I hadnt even gotten to the good ..."

Lori, I remember that part too. those days seem soooo far away.....who would have known it would be like now.

message 7: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Leah, welcome and hang on to your hat - and your TBR list! which will be out of control in no time flat!!

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome and have fun.

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Leah! Know what you mean about being addicted to GR!

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Heather wrote: "Hi Leah and welcome to the group! I felt the same way after discovering goodreads...there was no turning back! This is really a fun group and there are so many great book recommendations floating a..."

No I haven't read that yet but I'm definitely going to add it to my list! There is a set I really like by Attanasio A. A. that I would recommend it starts with The Dragon and the Unicorn .. I just love the way he lays out the story its a bit different then others I've read but does stick to the heart of the legend..

message 11: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I know I'm going to have a lot of fun in this group!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I'm also a newbie and goodreads and I accidently discovered goodreads on google one day and now I have to go on it everyday. I love this site, it's so addicting. : D

message 13: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome Leah and Brenda Sue!!
This sight is addicting but we all love it. hehe!!

message 14: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Brenda Sue wrote: "Hello, I'm also a newbie and goodreads and I accidently discovered goodreads on google one day and now I have to go on it everyday. I love this site, it's so addicting. : D"

Haha thats exactly how I am.. I have to at least check in everyday ..

Petra on hiatus in hospital & not the beach,Cancun (petra-x) Hi Leah and Brenda Sue, welcome, this is definitely the best group on GR.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

A big hello Leah!

message 17: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments a big thank you Emilee!