Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Finally Read Book 8!!!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 23, 2009 02:13PM) (new)

So I finally read book 8. My bookstore JUST got it in. I thought it was okay. I am glad she dumped Quinn... I thought Bill telling them he would die for Sookie was step in the right direction... and last but not least I LOVE ERIC. I am glad he finally remembered and I really really hope they talk about it more in the next book lol

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) I have this on request at the library, waiting for it to come in. My husband will be glad when I am done with these books (I am currently reading #7) I also only visit reality when I am not reading them! lol

message 3: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) I'm so annoyed 8 came out in HC! I haven't seen any of the others in HC. PB doesn't come out until March 31.
lol I can't wait to read this one, I want to know the fall out of the hotel disaster! :)

message 4: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Cassidy wrote: "I'm so annoyed 8 came out in HC! I haven't seen any of the others in HC. PB doesn't come out until March 31.
lol I can't wait to read this one, I want to know the fall out of the hotel disaster! :) "

I got all of the books in paperback but that was back in 2007. I got All Together Dead in Hard Copy and just figured they all came that way in the beginning. I wish they were all PB like Jeaniene Frost's books.

message 5: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments I know, it's reaked havoc on my bookshelf. It looks so goofy to have a series with 7 paperbacks and one giant hardcover.

message 6: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) LOL Evelynn! That's why I refuse to buy it in HC! It wont go with my bookshelf at all! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that is bothered by that! lol

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) I get mine from the library, (they are all hard cover) I only own 2 & 3 (in PB) I do want to get all the others though, so I can have the whole collection. (I will buy them in PB, since my other 2 are already in PB)

message 8: by Christa (new)

Christa (ChristaDethRose) | 3 comments All except for two of my series are PB. I don't really care though. I'm more concerned with finding more space for them. Lol! But anyway, I can't wait for the books to be in PB so I go ahead and buy the HC. These books are addicting.

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim | 7 comments I think PB is coming the end of March.

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie All ming are in HC too except the first two (which is when I started reading). I also really love the HC in this series because of the little bit of glitter on the cover! Love that! Plus I display them out in the living room so I like to have the nice hard covers out there.

message 11: by Elizabeth (Miss Eliza) (last edited Mar 05, 2009 09:12PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Miss Eliza) (strange_misseliza) Yeah the PB is end of March, and the first 3 were actually only released in paperback initially (they are slowly releasing them in HC), it wasn't until the 4th book that they became popular enough to warrent HC releases.

message 12: by Angie (last edited Mar 05, 2009 09:06PM) (new)

Angie Oh then it must be the first three I have are in paperback. Thanks for the info! I noticed the hardcovers of the first two have stickers on the covers to advertise true blood. That sucks.

message 13: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie | 20 comments i thought this book was an necessary between book. Nothing huge happened as it did in All Together Dead, but it is necessary to get through the fall out of the hotel diaster, i.e. vampire and were political change over. Plus, sookie had to get Quinn out of the picture. I thought by the end of the book she had made up her mind about giving into Eric, but I don't think she has realized it yet. They are both stubborn.

I think Hadley's boy is going to be a major character now too -- this book was the set up for book 9. At least I hope so.

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (rhiannonsgrace) I just finished this book! I had to wait for it to come out in PB. I loved it! Some things were a little "meandering" but I couldn't put it down. I'm glad Bob is back to himself, and I'm glad Quinn is out of the romantic picture, I had very mixed feelings about him. I agree it was sweet of Bill to say he'd die for her, but did anyone else think it was maybe a little late for that? And seriously, who tries to continue a "I am man" roar while under attack?

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Eeeek! Must not read your postings!

message 16: by Angie (new)

Angie I would put anything with spoilers in the other thread.