TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments LIE TO ME, the compelling new drama from the producers of 24, stars Tim Roth ("The Incredible Hulk," "Reservoir Dogs") as DR. CAL LIGHTMAN, the world's leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if someone is lying, but why. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates a hand or raises the lower lip, Lightman knows he's lying.

Based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Paul Ekman, the series follows Lightman and his team of deception experts as they assist law enforcement and government agencies to expose the truth behind the lies.

Wednesdays on FOX.

Roth is an excellent actor, mostly known for his villianous roles. I wanted to see it mainly because of Roth's acting skill. And I wasn't disappointed. The program was rather interesting, and informative.
Although it is a good show, it probably won't the ratings it needs to stay alive on competitive Wednesday.

Anyone else watching this show? What do you think of it?

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I love Tim Roth-- great actor but didn't have a chance to catch the first episode... may try to DVR the second one.

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli We have it on the DVR to watch....and I can't wait!!

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I just found this site yesterday and it has so many TV Shows that we can watch if we missed an episode.

Here's the link to Lie To Me:

http://www.tv.com/lie-to-me/show/7567...

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I thought it was pretty interesting. I like the Mentalist better, but this one has some potential.

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli We watched it last night finally and I liked it. I think I liked it more because it was Tim Roth (who I love). I hate when I figure out the killer or the mystery in shows like this so that's why I wasn't overly thrilled with it.

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It was obvious to me it wasn't the kid right from the start. I think it's more about the process Lightman does that is intriguing and what the show really is about. Not so much who did it. I knew it was the principal because I noticed he never took his left hand out of his pocket. He had to be hiding something.
I like Tim Roth too, he is an excellent actor. It's what drew me to the show.

message 8: by Holli (last edited Jan 25, 2009 08:45AM) (new)

Holli I definitely liked it enough to keep watching it....I'm sure its just going to get better and better!

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I hope so because it's up against tough competition.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan I enjoyed this show and think this show will only get better. I wasn't thrilled with the constant explaining of everything Roth thought or did by his co-worker. Overall, I thought it was good.

message 11: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah its the constant explaining that gets me too Megan. I like this show except for that...I don't know....something just seems off with it. I'm not getting into it as much as i had thought I would. This last one was pretty good though.

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli Is this show gone or just on a break? Seems like I haven't watched it lately....maybe its recording on the bedroom DVR or something....

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It wasn't on last week, but it was on this past Wednesday.
I hate when they do that, give a few episodes, then either something else in that time slot or reruns. Just play the series. If they have something else, why don't they let one series air, and when it's done, air the other one. It drives me crazy!

I'm really enjoy this TV show. I like the examples they give of people we've seen in the news(or somewhere on the TV). I find it highly interesting; the expressions and gestures believeable.

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah I've started really liking it too!!

message 15: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments About this week's show, I liked it when Roth told Kelli Williams's husband, "We both know that's not true, don't we?" That husband has been needed to be took down a peg!

There was kind of a red herring when the bodyguard said Phoebe was going to meet a man. Who was the man? They never answered that.

I also liked the part where they discussed and showed examples of the subliminal middle finger expression. I thought people only did that on purpose as a joke!

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments That's what I find very interesting with this show, all the examples they give showing expressions, conscious or otherwise.

message 17: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I just discovered this one..not sure what I think yet.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I liked it, put in on my DVR list.

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments First episode was incredible. This is one of my favorite shows.

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments I am so bummed I forgot it was on! (and no DVR for me) I hope to catch it again!

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments You can watch it on fox.com

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments What has happened to this show? Where is it? Has it been axed? I like this show, and Tim Roth!

message 23: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments A couple of months ago I read that it wasn't cancelled and will be back to finish the season in the Spring.
Still no word on when it'll be back and I'm having doubts as to it ever doing so.

message 24: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Now Fox want's to be like ABC, CBS, and NBC. Damn them all! IMO that was a very good show. I still haven't watched anything new, but i'm going to try Parenthood. If I like it, it'll get the ax. LOL hehehe

TNT is going to cancel Saving Grace after this last season is over, it starts at the end of the month. (I think) I really like this show. Where TNT fucked up was moving the night off of Sunday behind The Closer. I DVR'd it so it didn't matter to me, but to other people it might have.

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It seems that if I like a new show, it's the kiss of death, LOL Whatever I like, it's cancelled.
I saw Parenthood, even though I swore I'd never pick up a new network show again (sigh) but the cast is phenomenal and it is a good show, so we both know it'll get cancelled.
Fox sucks just as bad as ABC, NBC etc. Look what they did to Dollhouse. All the networks want cheap crap like reality tv. They can't be bothered investing in something good and entertaining. I hate them.

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments According to this:
http://www.tv.com/lie-to-me/show/7567...
Season 2 Episode 11 will air on June 7, 2010
That's the ONLY thing I could find. Well, at least it's still on the schedule.

message 27: by Lori (last edited Mar 16, 2010 11:13AM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yeah I said the same thing about not looking at anything new. But Parenthood looked like it might be good. I have the second episode on my DVR, I missed the first one. But your right if we like it, it's bound to get the boot! hehehehe :(

6 episodes left with out a date. Damn I hope we get to watch them. Maybe if the ratings are good they'll pick it back up. Thanks for the link Jackie!

message 28: by Jackie (last edited Sep 26, 2010 08:53PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Lie To Me comes back in November. I guess they realized what a great show it is after all.

While watching Bones the other day, I had a thought:
What about a Lie To Me - Bones crossover event? Both are on FOX set in DC, it'd be logical to put them together for an ep every now and them, right? Plus, it'd give Lie To Me exposure to a larger audience.

message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Hey that sounds good. I just got back here to goodreads and my mom told me to hurry up, she wants to play games. OH please help me!!!!

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Lori, Tell her goodreads is more important than games, LOL How's everything going over there?

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Well i only want to kill him 3 or 4 times a day now, so that's something! Right? And my mom put me on Weight Watchers! Here i sit a grown woman, being treated like a kid!! LOL She means well & it sure as hell could not hurt, i am a bigggg girl. :(

My mom has the Dish with no tivo or dvr. I missed Fringe, Supernatural, Sons Of Anarchy, Chuck, and to night thanks to NBC L&O SVU. They moved it to 9 o'clock same time as Criminal Minds. I wasn't going to watch the new L&O which took it's 10 spot. I guess i'm going to have to hope i can watch them on my computer. I would Jackie but she's been without a computer for a while, hers got brain freeze, and on a fixed income there just isn't enough money to go around. Don't you need a grown baby? :)

message 32: by Jackie (last edited Oct 03, 2010 09:30AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Lori, I already have grown baby, he's 19, hahaha
You'll probably be able to get those shows on hulu or their station's website. It'll give you something to do when everything goes into repeats from Thanksgiving until January.

I think it's nice and caring that your mom put you on Weight Watchers. I wish I had someone to take control of what I eat and enforce it. My willpower sucks. It wouldn't kill me to lose a good 40 lbs. Good luck with it and if you have any tips that work, please share them with me.

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The new season of Lie To Me will not premiere in November. Instead it will premiere this Monday at 9PM on FOX.

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Jackie If only it was 40lbs! I have eaten the skinny me, now i'm as big as two mes. LOL She has even made me start walking!

Now i really am going to have a lot to watch during Thanksgiving/Christmas break.

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Walking is great cardio, very healthy. Walking is what kept me thin, then I got sciatica and that's one painful bitch. I don't walk anywhere near the amount that I used to.

message 36: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Before i got into an auto accident i weighed 130, a perfect 9/10, and i did 2 miles a day on the treadmill in 20 minutes. It took me 35 minutes to do 1 mile yesterday. It messed my lower back up, which is part of why i ate the skinny me, that bastard is the second part. But i'm trying. She'll be back from church soon and then it's lunch & a walk. No more computer time for a while. She's a good mom, and she is trying to help, but as the song goes "How do you mend a broken heart?" My mind, body, & soul are all fat with something.

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I hear you, girl. Get yourself healthy first, then everything else falls into place.

message 38: by Holli (new)

Holli Just heard that Fox cancelled this......

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Dammit. I kinda knew it would happen. It's such a great show.

message 40: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments tears! I loved this show

message 41: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 133 comments Again, any show I really like gets cancelled.

message 42: by Dee (new)

Dee | 7 comments NOOOO! It was a great show, i was so addicted from the beginning. i was so impressed by the show. This has ruined my day!

message 43: by Mark (last edited May 14, 2011 08:07AM) (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 41 comments Why do it...!!!!!! My new demand on the world is that Kellyflower can not like any of my shows from now on... just kidding but I really liked that show.