The Decoy Princess (Princess, #1) The Decoy Princess discussion

Characters

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kassie I was seeing what peoples thoughts are with the characters in this series by Dawn Cook.

The (almost love traingle) relationship between; Tess, Jeck & Duncan reminds me of the a similar one between Alissa, Strell and Lodesh in the truth series.

And I bet ya that Tess will once again end up with the boring Duncan instead of the Jeck character I was immediately hoping she would be with!

Amanda I read this one, but mid-way through the sequel I thought, "I hate these characters, I hate the choices that Tess is being presented with, I hate the worldview in this book." Everything is about power, exercising power over others and making sure people don't use you (although you know they will). No relationship in the book is free of someone trying to manage (in BIG ways) the lives of those they should care about.
I also think that setting up the choice of Jeck and Duncan is just wrong. Why should she have to choose either one of them? Why can't she please herself and do something to make the world a better place outside of the rules of their stupid game? Ugh. I won't be picking up anyting else by Miss Cook.