Let's All Write STORIES!!! discussion

Write As You Go Along > No Title!!!

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 14 comments Will yanked on his favorite jacket as he stumbled down the stairs. He ran his fingers through the dark, bedraggled hair on his head in a failed attempt to look even halfway decent. 'Whatever', he thought, 'I am already late. Who cares what I look like as long as I get there?' He had no one to impress, right? "Ava!I am going out. You need anything?" Will's younger sister appeared in the doorway to their small kitchen with a bowl of Special K in hand. She pretended to look like she was thinking before she finally said, "Q-tips, half&half, world peace, Sandra Bullock's original face back...and that is it!" He rolled his eyes at her sarcastic response, and said, impatiently, "Ava!"
"No, really! I have got to get this nail polish off and I refuse to follow dad's trend of drinking my coffee black!"
Will turned on his heel to hurry out the door when she called after him, "Oh, and can you move your chill session from noon tomorrow to,like, right now? I dunno what your hurry is!"
He ignored her as he practically sprinted out the door and onto the sidewalk. There would be a letter waiting today. A letter from someone very important, he just knew it. Will didn't get his hopes up, though. He had been telling him self that very thing everyday for two years and had always been disappointed. Why would that change today?

message 2: by Koori no hi (last edited Jan 21, 2009 05:20PM) (new)

Koori no hi he still had to hurry though. if he got there late he would have to wait till tomorrow, and this was important.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 14 comments Will counted the squares of cement that made up the side walk as he strode briskly towards the post office, forcing himself out of being hopeful. In no time, it seemed, he was standing before the completely non-intimidating glass doors, being completely intimidated by them. He took a deep breath for reassurance and pushed one of the doors open. the post office was cold, bleak, and it smelled of paper and heavy plastic packaging tape. Will's heart sped up as he wlked the rows of little mailboxes, counting until he got to mailbox #213. taking out a tiny key, he reached for the chilly metal door.

message 4: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi he found himself holding his breath as he opened it. did he really want it to come that badly? or was he more scared that it wouldn't come?

message 5: by Kataury (new)

Kataury His hopes died when he pulled out the three letters, two of which were bills and the other to his dad.

message 6: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments Aw man, he thought. Another day to wait. He twirled one of the bills in his hand.

message 7: by Kataury (new)

Kataury swinging the door closed he left the post office and started the short walk to the store.

message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 14 comments Will tried so hard every day not to let the disappointment cling to him too much...tried and failed. He occupied his mind by rehersing his shopping list. He needed coffee(it basically kept him alive), sugar and half&half because ava couldn't stomach black coffee, q-tips... Will smiled as he thought of his sister's sassy comment regarding her grocery list. 'She can be so like...' he began to think and then stopped, not wanting to think about who ava could be exactly like sometimes. of course, she didn't know who this person was, because she would have been too young. Will shrugged as if to ward off his thoughts.

message 9: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments He cluched his pencil in nervousness. He just knew a special letter for him from an unknow person would come. He just knew it.
But when?
What would it say?

message 10: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi and most importantly, who was this unknown person and what did he want with Will?

message 11: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments If it was an unknown person. It could be an unknown thing.
((Where is he?))

message 12: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((I thought he was in the store now...))

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((ok.))

message 14: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Hm... I wonder what would happen if I... :_))

message 15: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((OOOOOO If what?))

message 16: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((I don't know... I'd have to ask Olivia first if I could play with it.))

message 17: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments (uh... play?))

message 18: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((um... go out on it. Like... write a bunch.))

message 19: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((ok btw cool pic))

message 20: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Thank you.))

message 21: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((You are welcome! :D What should we write next?))

The next day, Will woke early. Yawning, he swung his legs over the side of the bed and dressed himself in blue jeans and a yellow T-shirt with a grey sweater. Today is going to be chilly. At least, that's what the Weather channel said. He rushed downstairs so he could preform his usual rotuine of checking the mail for his...mysterious letter yet to arrive. Today, however, he was not dissapointed.
The letter was atop five bills. It said in bold letters on the front:
Will Brown.
Excitedly, Will tore at the paper. Finally, finally the letter had came! What would it say? He ripped the enlavope and grasped a single sheet of thin paper. In the left coner, there was a strange symbol. It was a black caldrun with a winged mose and a book above it.
The letter read:

Will,
If you are reading this, it probably means that the Agents will arrive soon, and it also means you don't know who you are. When the Agents depart, the Squeak-Tail Lady will come. She will ask you to do something that will probably seem strange to you. Do as she says, becuase the fate of the World rests in your hands.

Sincerely,
Well, you may call me the Tailed One for now. Good luck!

message 22: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((brilliant!))
Will blinked and reread the letter, he had no idea what the letter meant by squeak-tail lady, but he decided that it might be relevant at some point. Will pocketed the letter before heading out the door.

message 23: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments On second thought...
He rushed back inside and up to his room. Cramming his long legs under the desk chair, he snapped on his lamp and reread the letter four more times. He studied the strange caldrun symbol with his naked eye, then under his Dad's magnifying glass.
Tailed One? Agents? The Squeak-Tail Lady?
Questions were buzzing around in his head so fast it hurt. Tripping downstairs and into the kicken, he gulped a glass of water, then milk, and pepsi to refresh his mind.
A glass fell to the floor behind him, and shattering into a millon pieces. Will yelped and whirled around. "Who's there?" he called nervously.
Silence.
"Hello?"
He snatched a rolling pin off the conter and held it up in what he hoped was a threatening possion. Circling the island still cluttered wtih today's lunch, he waved the rolling pin and called again, "Hello? Who's there?"
A cabnet slammed, and Will whirled around to see three men in black suits. The middle one held a laptop in his hands. Thinking back on it, Will should have screamed for the Police. But instead he said the first thing that camp to his mind:
"Are...are you the Agents?"
The man with the laptop said in a smooth voice, "Yes we are, Will. We are here to help Explain things to you; make things clear, and generally help you chosse the biggest and most important decision of your entire life."
Will gulped. "Uh, great. Explain, then." He felt nervous.
"Well," said the man with the laptop, "maybe this will get you off to a good start on what we are trying to say. Herahomps!"
The laptop flew out of his hand and glided through the air, stopping flight an inch away from Will's nose. A picture flashed onto the screen, showing a junkyard.
"We are here to, eh, tell you something of great importance. The world is...well, the world is slowly getting--how shall I say it?--eh, it is slowly getting poisoned by the human's junk. You know, pulution and all that. Well, we need you to go into the factories and junk yards and whatnot to make sure that the junk doesn't go the way it's supossed to. That is, you must channel the junk into a different File and make it go down a channel that We have made. The junk will go to the SummerHaven and get recycled, then turned into useful items that will benfit all of mankind."
"But we do that already!" exclaimed Will. "Humans do recyle. Why are you sending the junk all the way to this dumb SummerHaven place when we can recyle it for you, save you guys all the trouble?"
"Becasue," yelled the man, "you stupid HUMANS don't do it fast enough! The workers get distraced with women and dunuts and TV shows. The junk sits in a huge pile and doesn't get recyled! That's why you--yes, you, William Smith Brown!--must make sure the piles of junk go the right way and complete the journey to SummerHaven, where they will get recycled and this beautfil plaent WILL NOT DIE OF PULLUTION!"
Will stood there in dumb silence, gazing at the junk yard on the laptop screen. When he looked up again, the three men were gone, and a very beaufil woman was sitting on the countor. A pink tail flipped up and curled around her arm, and tiny brown ears poked up from the lady dark hair.
"Hello," she whispered. "I am the Squeak-Tail Lady. Come here, Will, and drink. Drink for me, drink for your Love, drink for mankind."
She held up a dark bottle, and suddenly the words of the mysterious letter popped into Will's head:
The Squeak-Tail Lady will come. She will ask you to do something that will probably seem very strange to you. Do as she says.

message 24: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((Hold it and don't write anything more on it bucuz I HAVE ANAWSOME IDEA!!!DON'T WRTIE ANYTHING SO I CAN WRITE MY AWSOME IDEA!!!!!!!!OK!!!!!!?? PROMISE???? DON"T WRITE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!))

message 25: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((alright.))

message 26: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yooooooooooooouuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear to...uh, Goodreads that--you will like my idea!! I gotta go do my remaining schoolwork but I'll be on as soon as i can later!))

message 27: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((Thank you for saying its brilliant! by the way! You are nice!))

message 28: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((um... sure. Whenever you're ready to continue))

message 29: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((I'm ready! mawhahahahahahahahha listen to THIS!))

message 30: by Janeen-san (last edited Feb 09, 2009 03:38PM) (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments Do as she says.
Will stood firmly where he was for the time being. Time for some questions, he thouht. Than I can freak out.
"Who are you?"
"Why, dear, I'm the Squeak-Tail Lady."
"I know that, but why? Why are you here? What were those Agents talking about? Me, recycle? That's my Dad's job! I'm just a regular school kid! What's SummerHaven?"
The Lady chuckled, and her tail-tip twiched. she smiled, showing pointed teeth. Dispite her beauty, Will couldn't help thinking of a mouse. Yuck. He hated mice.
The Squeak-Tail Lady smoothed her dress, and he notcied her fingernails. They were long and pointed, like claws. Then, for the first time, he felt that ears and a tail weren't just noraml for a human...was she human?
"I am called the Squeak-Tail Lady because I help with the Transformation every once and a while, and my father was a mouse."
He choked, then laughed nervously. "Your dad was a mouse? Yeah, that clears up everything! Is that why you have....have a..uh, tail?"
"Yes."
"But why are you here?"
"To make sure you drink and help mankind, Will Brown." She held up the bottle and waved it back and foarth in her pale slim fingers. "Drink this, and you will help get the junk recylced faster. That was what the Agents were trying to tell you, little one."
Little one?
He scoffed. "Like, is it supossed to give me super strength of something? I won't be able to get past the guards or whatever's there." Even though his dad worked at a junkyard, he had never taken Will to see any of it, and he just assumed there would be guards. Or at least those tiny cameras that record your every movement. Or something. Than he thouht of yet another question, perhaps the more important of all.
"Why me? Why not Nickolas Freeman? He's my best buddy, and good a sneaking past gaurds." Man, did that sound lame!
The Lady chuckled and slide smoothly off the counter. She slither up to him, and placed her cool hand on his leg, her face milimeters away from his own. She whispered, her mouth barely moving: "Becuase Nickalas Freeman or even that pretty girl you stare at in class wouldn't be willing to do what you are about to do."
"And...what is that?" he whispered back.
This time, her voice slithered into his ear. A cool wind blew through the room, and he closed his eyes. He felt the Lady's creepy tail wind around his neck, and his eyes jerked open.
"Become a mouse." she said.

message 31: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 14 comments ((Whoa!!! That is a thing of coolness,Janeen-san.))

message 32: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((thanks!!!!!!!!! :D I luv mouseies))

message 33: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments The Squeak-Tail Lady's tail slid to the floor, and her eyes sparkled dangerously. Will gasped. He hated mice.
"Become a mouse?" he yelled. "I hate mice! That's whats in that bottle, isn't it? A potion?"
He backed away, his eyes wide with terror and confustion. Become a mouse...help mankind...
He bumped aginst the island, and his hand groped behind him,searching for somthing to throw at this creepy Lady.
"Please, Will," said the Lady, her eyes tearful. "You...y-you are the only one who can do this."
"Why me?" he yelled.
"Becuase your life depends on it!" she screamed, "More than you know!" She raised her hand, and Will flinched. She yelled something he didn't understand, than vanished with a poof! of purple smoke.
The dark bottle floated to the floor and did not break. Will groaned, staring at it with uncertainy.