Jane Austen discussion

Austen on Film > BBC "Sense and Sensibility" returning to PBS

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 21, 2009 12:54PM) (new)

Kathryn | 98 comments For those of you who missed it, the newest version of S&S will be returning to PBS the first week of February.

Also airing this season, new versions of "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" and "Wuthering Heights" and a collection of Charles Dickens adaptations. For those of you who swooned over Matthew Macfadyen in "P&P" don't miss "Little Dorrit" ;->

For full schedule, see here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/s...

message 2: by Dora (new)

Dora | 1 comments Thanks for pointing this one out. I actually managed to catch the first installment of S&S. I'm still deciding whether I liked it.

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (aimee_isms) | 4 comments Thank you so much for the 411! This is great, because I'm reading S&S right now, and was looking for the movie on Utube, but couldn't find the complete BBC version from 2007. So now I DVR'ed it for when I'm ready to watch it!

Thanks again SO MUCH again!!

PS most of the BBC Jane Austen 2007 movies are found on Utube. Persuasion, the complete Northanger Abbey and Mansfield Park, if anyone is looking.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 98 comments You're welcome! :-) I'm so glad that some of you are getting the chance to see this version! I had mixed feelings about it--overall, I really enjoyed it but a few aspects annoyed me. I hope you all find it splendid. Of course, there's also the Ang Lee version with Emma Thompson that is fabulous, too.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann | 69 comments I'm glad you've joined this group, Chandra! I think you'll enjoy it:)