Who's Your Author? discussion

Urban Fantasy Writers > Rachel Vincent

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments OK...so I thought the idea of WereCats was sort of lame, but now I've seen tons of people like this series...

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Well I like all things Shifter and Vincent does a great job with her werecats. I like that the female werecats are cherished among the werecat clan. Also another author who makes her Kitties seem real sexy is Shelly Laurenston. Her weretigers are to die for. Laurenston does a better job of making her cats more kitten like then Vincent but they both have a certain uniqueness to their stories.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Now that I've read the Kate Daniels series, I understand the idea of shapeshifters much better...um Hi Curran

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments LOL, Curran is super yummy! I've got the first Rachel Vincent book and plan to read it very soon as I've heard really good things.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Can't wait to hear what you think!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Oh Yes the BeastLord is sexy. I hate calling him Curran, BeastLord is so much more primal and hot. I can't wait for Magic Strikes.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) This is what I say if you've read Bitten by Armstrong and liked it then you'll like Stray as well since the stories are very very similar.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Brilliant, as I loved Bitten! Is there a Clay equivalent hottie? ;) ... can't wait for Men of the Otherworld!

message 9: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Jan 22, 2009 06:35AM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Marc is the Clay equivalent , they sort of share similar backgrounds.MOTOW sounds like it's going to be a tasty read

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Yes, Beastlord...mmmm

message 11: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments When you are talking about Kate Daniels, is Magic Bites the first book of that series? I haven't read any of them. Are they good?

I love Rachel Vincent and her werecat series. Stray (the 1st book) does remind me of Bitten. But I loved them both. I am really excited for the 3rd book Pride that's coming out in the next couple of weeks, as well as Men of the Otherworld!

Come to think of it, I've been waiting until Feb to actually start the books for our group reads, but maybe I shouldn't wait! There are 4 books coming out in the next 2 weeks that I have been dying for and I know that I wont read the group reads if I still haven't finished those 4.

message 12: by Anneliese (new)

Anneliese | 6 comments The WereCat's series is really good. I love it when an author can sell her 'world' and Vincent is more than up to the challenge.

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments There are so many good books coming out in Feb!!! And it sucks because I have a big state test to take for my teaching certification mid Feb... therefore I can't read as much :(

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Kelley Anne - Magic Bites is the first in the series

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Which books are you looking forward to, Kelley Anne? I'm guessing Pride and Bone Crossed??

message 16: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Pride
Bone Crossed
Men of the Otherworld
Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand

That's just the ones in the next 2 weeks, then there are a couple of others in Feb. :)

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Oh yes...Kitty! I just ordered her series!

message 18: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Has anyone read the short story/prequal to Vincent's new series? It's called My Soul to Lose. I heard that you can download it free on her website. I'll probably do that tomorrow and check it out.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I downloaded it the other day, and started reading it, but haven't had a chance to finish it yet. I'm really looking forward to the series though.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments My Soul to Take is part of the new series, but I don't know if it came out already.

I like her books so I would definitely give this one a try.

message 21: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I think that the first book is supposed to be out in August, but she has a short story that's the prequal to the series.

FYI, for those of you that like audiobooks and have an account on audible.com, they have the short story on there for no charge. It's about 2 hours long. I think I'll download it and listen to it at work tonight.

message 22: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments The book store by me put the first book of her new series, My Soul to Take, out early and I just picked it up today. I'm about halfway through and am really enjoying it! It's such a different paranormal group than what you usually see!

message 23: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) | 292 comments Great thanks Kelley Anne, just what I needed two more series to had to my growing list of TBR ;) :P LOL

message 24: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) A bunch of soft releases are happening right now, like TQ by Mead did that and now My Soul to Take...I wonder why.

message 25: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments So, Vincent has posted 2 things for her new shifter book. The first is the official back cover blurb. Warning, MAJOR SPOILERS if you haven't read Prey yet!!!

TROUBLE IN THE AIR...

Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways.

As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.

With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option...

Then she also posted a teaser for the book. Here's the link to that:

http://www.deadlinedames.com/?p=1668

Just thought that I'd share!

message 26: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments Managed to get my hands on a copy of Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent . It was brilliant. There were so many heart-stopping moments, the tension was incredible. 5 stars! My full review.

message 27: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments While I impatiently wait for my copy to come, I just might have to go back and relisten to the rest of the series!

message 28: by Ellen (last edited Feb 21, 2010 11:29PM) (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Has anybody seen and read the blurb and cover for Alpha yet(Alpha's cover is definitly the hottest of them all- I think anyway)? I have and OMG! I really do think that this cover is the best yet! (And the blurb sounds extremely awesome!)

message 29: by Literary Ames (last edited Feb 22, 2010 11:12AM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments From Rachel Vincent's blog:
Alpha is the sixth and final Shifters book. The culmination of everything Faythe and I have been working for in the Shifters universe. All the plotlines will be tied up. All the decisions will be made. No one will remain unchanged. Not everyone will survive.

It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

description

I'm not sure if I like the cover but it is striking and Faythe looks very predatory and Alpha-ish.

Ellen, is what I've posted the blurb you've read?

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Wow... awesome cover!!!

message 31: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Yeah! That's it. And this is the blurb that I recieved:

Alpha

YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FAYTHE...

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.

But life never waits until you're ready.

Hmm... I'm still not sure if I was supposed to post that. But, Oh well. Lol.

message 32: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I think the cover is a great one and now after reading shift I am sad it is soooo long until Alpha. I just want to know how it ends.

message 33: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Wow I am still stuck on Stray I need to get moving LOL

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I have to read Shift still.

message 35: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments So do I Jess. And the wait is killing me!!

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments My library didn't even get it in yet. So I'll be waiting awhile!

message 37: by Lory (new)

Lory (moty) | 11 comments I really love this cover. What I love of all the covers in this series is the shows you how she is being growing and changing during the story. Starting with the picture of a regular college student and ending with this sexy,strong I will no take sh@#$ from anybody. I have only read the first two books in this series and even when I have books #3 and #4 I'm waiting to be a little bit closer to October to read them all one after the other. This story is really good and I hate to wait long for the next one.

message 38: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I am sad to see the Shifter series end. I can't wait until Alpha comes out, but I think it will bittersweet, since I do not want to see the end.

message 39: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments I think I glanced at Rachel's blog earlier which states that Alpha is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com, I checked the UK site but it's not up yet :(

message 40: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments Already? Wow, that's quick. When is it coming out?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments It's due out the 1st of October, according to GR anyway.

message 42: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments It's the 1st October on Amazon.com too.

message 43: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments ...................

WHAT?!?!?!?! Man, that's sooooooooooooo far away D:

message 44: by Narnies (new)

Narnies Not as far away as some! I'm kind of excited/sad to see this book. I really don't want it to be the end but I want to know what happens, especially between Marc and Jace.... *sigh*....mmm Jace... But I like Marc too!... Dagnabbit..

message 45: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 326 comments http://rachelvincent.com/Alpha%20exce...

The first excerpt of Alpha!

message 46: by Narnies (new)

Narnies 3 months to go! That excerpt was horrible! All it did was make me more impatient!

message 47: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I am avoiding it just for that reason Ariana. :S

message 48: by Dija (last edited Jul 14, 2010 04:11AM) (new)

Dija Wow, the bigger version of the cover is speechless. My favorite one so far. <3

The excerpt was horrible. The suspense is gonna kill me. I'm still all for Team Marc, but that is so not easy with the way Jace is acting. x_x

message 49: by Narnies (new)

Narnies LOL I'm Team Jace but it's not easy either! Damn it all, it's only because of the first scene that Jace appeared in in the first book that's got me hooked on him.... But Marc is still...hopeful.

message 50: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm avoiding reading the excerpt. I think it will just make me anxious.

« previous 1