Science and Inquiry discussion

Archive > Poll

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William (acknud) I sent out 137 invites and got 28 responses. I was hoping to revive the group some.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 366 comments It would have been an easier choice for me if it were books - I'm interested in most of the sciences!

message 3: by JuliAnna (last edited Jan 21, 2009 11:49AM) (new)

JuliAnna | 37 comments I'm all for discussing a book. I'm less concerned about what type of science it discusses than about how accessible and engaging the material is.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 366 comments Same here, JuliAnna.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments How long are you going to keep the poll open, William?

message 6: by William (new)

William (acknud) Kim wrote: "How long are you going to keep the poll open, William?"

The individual book poll will close the 28th.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  Petersen | 9 comments Thanks, William. I can't guarantee my participation - you know how life sometimes interferes with intention - but I am interested. I have voted (for the "Heisenberg" book); but may I suggest you narrow the choices just a bit? They all look quite good, and consequently the votes are very scattered.

message 8: by William (new)

William (acknud) Kathy P wrote: "Thanks, William. I can't guarantee my participation - you know how life sometimes interferes with intention - but I am interested. I have voted (for the "Heisenberg" book); but may I suggest you na..."

Yhey will be much more narrowed after this first one. I am just trying to feel it out a bit.

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 10 comments I've been paying attention to the goings-on in the group, I'm just not very chatty. But I'm here, and I'm rooting for Botany of Desire (I've already read The World Without Us).

message 10: by William (new)

William (acknud) Jill wrote: "I've been paying attention to the goings-on in the group, I'm just not very chatty. But I'm here, and I'm rooting for Botany of Desire (I've already read The World Without Us)."

Well, whatever happens I hope something pulls away. I haven't really thought about what to do in case of a tie.

message 11: by Dan (new)

Dan (djunger) | 25 comments William wrote: "I haven't really thought about what to do in case of a tie."

My 2 cents: pick the shorter one for Feb. since it's both a shorter month and in any case curtailed a bit since we won't have a poll winner until Jan 28, and so most people won't finish reading until a few days into Feb.

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Black | 39 comments Dan wrote: My 2 cents: pick the shorter one for Feb. since it's both a shorter month and in any case curtailed a bit since we won'..."
I'm going to be ordering the book, so that's at least a week, then maybe two weeks to read 300 pages. So yes, the shorter one.

message 13: by John (new)

John (jollyroger) I'll try to read along...sometime school catches up with me though