Writing Passionates discussion

Read my Story/Story Help > PLEASE READ MY STORY AND GIVE SOME FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller ooooooohhhhhh intrigue. My only advice would be to cut down on you're "dumping". That was kind of a lot of info to process

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller okay, Kandy. I'm a bit confused about the plot... what do you mean, it was all planned? And like I said, work on not "dumping".

Also, you may want to check your spelling and grammar... quite a few run-on sentences and typos.

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller no prob... that's what this group is for. I forgot to mention that I love your idea... I reread my post and realized I sounded really critical.

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 42 comments Suggestion...try and find other word rather then repeating them. Might take alot of work with a thesaurus but it;s better then the reader seeing the same dramatic discription over and over. IDK. JMHO.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 49 comments I love the idea and you've done a really great jobwith it! I just wanted to point out a few bits you might want to consider when you edit it.

*Baltimore is about 38 miles from DC
--it would take about 10-15 hours of walking to get there, you could spread the walk out over a few days, use that time to describe the desolation an' such

*The ash would be a lot like smoke, so Jenna would probably take shelter or try to filter it out of her breathing as it was falling.

Otherwise I really think it's something great you have here. I know what you mean about "getting the idea out in words". Yeah, I like it.